Moving away from sport BJJ

I really think you’re over thinking this. Relax alittle, have fun

1 Like

Why dhould everyone be forced to focus on self defense fighting? If you really want to teach self defense where is the focus on gun and weapons training?

I do think all martial arts should be fighting oriented or self defense 1st. TKD, Karate judo and now bjj have gone away from that. Competitions should be based on realistic situations in unarmed combat. Judo banning leg attacks is completely fucking stupid as a grappling martial art. TKD being touch and go is bullshit too. At the last olympics a guy was dq’ed for knocking out his opponent in Karate which is ridiculous.

SD is also SUPER boring

3 Likes

It also doesn’t really work just like any canned choreographed mcdojo bullshit.

I am relaxed and we have fun.

im beyond taking shit too seriously. I didmt make the thread and ignored it until recently cause i had nothing better to do so I posted on it.

There is no SD without VT…so I mostly agree with you

I did some training with a friend that used to be on yhese forums…knife counter-knife as last ditch defense if he ran outta ammo.

We beat the shit out of eachother…to the point I was going home and hobblinh around due to having no right mcl, blown feet and grinding ankle bones and shoulder yhat needs surgery. WE LAUGHED OR ASSES OFF AFTER EVER CLASH. We took hard hits on neck, torso gut arms and hands…smiled and complemented eachother on debriefs or review.

When my partners and I het together we are LOLing while learning. I know what fun training looks like…been in this too long and I certainly wont do it if it aint fun. Ive never liked seeious training…if its boring, I wont do it

just my perspective

Anybody that trains “counter-knife” stuff and isn’t a fucking Delta Force guy or HRT operator and is getting injured and injuring his training partners during his training sessions while preparing to fight against knives with bare hands….probably needs some relaxation and to re-evaluate everything.

Or just buy a gun.

5 Likes

LOL…I have a few guns.

Lol at a “few”

Muscles Biceps GIF

1 Like

Mmmmm TRANNIES

I just visualized a few bjj guys being beaten into a living death by Jon Jones

:eggplant::eggplant::eggplant:

MmmmmmmEGGPLANT!

With all his problems, ive never seen jon jones in a street fight like that. Ive seen a couple of videos where he has confronted people with a gun. If one of the greatest fighters in mma history chooses a gun for self defense over using his black belt bjj skills then doesnt that tell you something?

Hit the shooting range over the mats if youre really concerned ablut self defense and leave the bjjers alone. Theye having fun rolling and dont feel like doing endless headlock and bearhug escapes.

6 Likes

Get this Biden logic out of here. Jones took out a purse snatcher and threw DC off of a fucking stage and smashed him. The point is Jones would beat any BJJer into a living death, probably two or 3 at once.

I am trained well above the FDLE level with a pistol, you’re preaching to the choir and probably live in liberal land

Who are you talking to?

Neither chasing down a purse snatcher with 3 other men or tackling a guy in the middle of a crowd of peope is “slef defense” or bjj.

You’re so far gone that you can’t stop using twitter politcal speak in a bjj discussion. Take that nonsense back to the OG.

1 Like

As a doorman, the days of douchebag stiff collared dress shirts were a godsend.

You can absolutely scarf choke a bitch.

“Really? You basically wore a starched Gi top to place of business? And THEN started acting up?”

Tonight only- Free flying lessons
Come one come all.

2 Likes