Muay Lao?

I have a Laotian friend and he tells me that in Laotia they practice a similar art to Muay Thai called Muay Lao. He claims the techniques are more secretive though and not many out of Laotia are taught this art. I am curious if any one here has studied it and if so how would you rate it as a stand up art?

I saw a gym nearby that teached Muay Lao.seemed identical to Muay Thai when I passed by(at least the training).I might check it out next month.

Laotian chicks are hot imo.

same crap

Thailand and Laos used to be the same country. It's basically the same art, but Laotians are probably jelly cuz Thai took all the credit.

What is Laotia? You mean Laos?

Lol @ Laotia

Wtf is Laotia? Laos. :) Phone Post 3.0

Because we share the same last name, Joe, I'll forget about that post Phone Post 3.0

john joe - 
StephenLangdown - Wtf is Laotia? Laos. :) Phone Post 3.0

people from Laos are Laotian

Clearly you've never been to Laotia

your Laotian friend, or his family, is from Laos

It's not as technically evolved as muay thai. i knew some refugees who practiced it. They didn't use gloves, hence the boxing was below the thai norm.

john joe - 

What ocean?

lol

muay lao guy named Evans just fought on lion fights,didn't answer bell for third

I'm Laotian and it's the same thing lol different dialect Phone Post 3.0

AnotherTMAguy -

For those of you in militias, do you expect to have to fight government tyranny in your lifetime?

One of the presidential candidates is saying he wants to send people door to door to collect guns. We are already in the fight against government overreach, fren. 

Laotinas are hot as fuck yo

cheesesteak - 
john joe - 

What ocean?

i was waiting for someone to say this!

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAS_MQ3l16c

John Joe is right.

Look at the history of the areas and it's clearer how similar they are. Martial arts develop based around the geography and the technology of weaponry at the time. After the weaponry makes an art obsolete the rules of competition then largely change the style.

Lethwei is another similar art, but from Burma.

If the good people from Laotia have kept their country secret for all these years, I'm willing to bet they've got some pretty bad ass secretive fighting techniques too!