Muay Thai in Toronto?

I used to train at Siam #1, which is a fine place for conditioning and the basics, but it seems to pale in comparison to the kind of stuff I've seen from Mike Miles, Holland, and various places in the U.S (fairtex, Colin Oyama, etc).

Where the best place to train for Muay Thai in Toronto then? Maybe there's a place out there I don't know of.

ttt

Three places I've heard of; the one you just
mentioned, Ultimate Thai on Progress in Scarborough
and one on Dundas West around Keele (although I've
never actually seen this one).

There's also Karma in Woodbridge and KATA in
Mississauga.

POINT BLANK MUAY TAI .DAVID CRAWLEY WAS FIRST SIAM STUDENT , HE TAKES WHAT HE LEARNED THERE AND IN TAI LAND , HE IS VICIOUS .TRAINS OUT OF THE TRAINING ROOM ON CARLAW AND QUEEN
PHONE 416-305-3531

Karma's guys were trained by Suchart. That's fine, but I'm just looking for something more advanced. His students are no where near the level of the guys i've seen come from other gyms.

there is this new place that opened up right under my appartment building. i went in and talked to the main guy there and he goes by the name of audnoi suchart, i think. he was a thai champ i believe back in thailand. elm and baldwin is where its at.

edited for street name mispellings.

I dont know of any other Muay Thai gyms in T.O but I think theres one in Mississauga at HUF fitness centre 'think thats what its called'lol.. they teach Kyokushin Karate and also have a Muay Thai program, I'am pretty sure.

markffd, Karma Instructors are Siam No.1 students and some of Siam fighters also train at Karma. You might of heard of Rubin, Archie, Alex Ricci and Chris Singh. Traditional Muay Thai is basic in nature with focuss on conditioning and speed. At Karma we have Thai and BJJ with a 20ft ring. Those who join BJJ get Thai added on for no addtional cost to their membership. Also, Archie adds street application to his Thai ie. Sprawls and and grappling clinch drills to help Thai fighters stay of the ground.

drop by for a free class in both BJJ and Thai

visit the website for a map wagnneyfabiano.com

I saw Alex last summer in Thailand. He trains at Lanna Muay Thai. Rubin trained there before I came.

Andy, the camp manager, was really pissed off at the way Rubin fought. Apparently, he just danced for the entire fight and barely threw any punches or kicks.

Alex has been fighting a great deal, and got himself a fight in Bangkok. But he's been losing quite a bit.

training room??? please, its just a regular gym with a few 'spiced' up classes, unless you want to take privates?

Markffd sounds like your Thai skills are at a high level. If your not happy with the level of the Thai in Toronto why not try a BJJ class and round out your skills. There is lots of great BJJ in Toronto area.

good luck