MVP Cant Dance! Dana Ixnayed Inspired Debut

Michael “Venom” Page has officially arrived in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC).

UFC 299 marked the long-awaited Octagon debut of perennial Bellator Welterweight contender, Page, in Miami, Fla., last night (March 9, 2024). Always one to flaunt his showmanship mid-fight, Page styled his way to a relatively one-sided unanimous decision over Kevin Holland.

Before he even entered the Octagon, “MVP” put on a show with his Undertaker-inspired entrance. Former UFC Middleweight champion, Israel Adesanya, was the first to do a similar World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) themed walk, but for Page’s first in UFC, he actually had more he wanted to display.
“To be fair, we had quite a bit more. It would have been even more entertaining,” Page said in his UFC 299 post-fight scrum. “UFC was like, ‘Calm down for your first one’ (laughs). So, we had to strip it back a little bit.

“I just like to make it a show,” he continued. “It helps me just relax when I’m putting on a show. It just helps the time fly by and me have the best time ever. When I’m in that mode, I feel like I’m the most dangerous.”

Love it or hate it, Page’s entrances are a unique expression of personality not often seen in mixed martial arts (MMA). Typically UFC CEO, Dana White, is not a fan of these types of flashy displays and Page’s was no exception despite his performance afterward.

“No, no [I’m not a fan],” White firmly responded when asked at UFC 299’s post-fight press conference about more flashy entrances in the future.

Awww Dana , just because YOU Cant Dance …

1 Like

https://www.mmanews.com/news/mma-fans-fighters-react-michel-pereira-michał-oleksiejczuk-ufc-299

‘Dance Routines Are Best Base For MMA’ - Fans & Fighters React After Michel Pereira Runs Over Michał Oleksiejczuk At UFC 299

Pereira delivered the moves inside and outside the cage.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/1766620654378328466?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1766620810767208787|twgr^0c77c64443d09dda17d49195856d464d3736b8b7|twcon^s2_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mmanews.com%2Fnews%2Fmma-fans-fighters-react-michel-pereira-michaC582-oleksiejczuk-ufc-299

This all comes down to Dana not being able to dance.

@Dana, you’re no friend of mine.

1 Like

I enjoyed it, it broke up the monotony of it all. Wakes you up for the fight actually. Plus if you don’t really know the fighters it connects you with them either you watch their antics and think what a cool dude I’ll keep an eye on him or think what a douche hope he gets KTFO.

Of course Dana would prefer to have the cameras trained him while he furiously licks his lips. He is the star of the show after all. :frowning:

5 Likes

Yup , Dana doesnt want it to be WWE . Happens in Boxing all the time. Lighten up BLAF !

4 Likes

I mean he already did the walk out though, and I’ve never heard of BLAF stopping guys from doing that. I would imagine if he did, it would be prelim guys.

What about Izzy’s homo dancing flippy shit with his fellow queens when he won the title?

2 Likes

BlaF BlaFing

https://www.mmanews.com/news/michael-venom-page-honest-assessment-debut-performance-ufc-299

Michael ‘Venom’ Page Gives Honest Assessment Of Debut Performance At UFC 299: ‘I Didn’t Feel Myself…’

“Venom” Page scored the win in his UFC debut at UFC 299, but felt he could have done more.

The dances/cool entrances were one of the best things about pride

This is why Pride was superior.

2 Likes

PRIDE was superior in a million different ways.

3 Likes

Dana should do the giant ramps and cool intros, having people randomly walk through crowd is boring AF. Pride/WWE/etc entrances are bad ass and add to the event. If they are going to show the walkouts no matter what on the main card, why not make them the best they can be?

2 Likes

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

3 Likes

UFC shows are half ads. After laying how much for a ppv now? Well I know it’s a lot for having to watch a bunch of ads and hear Anik say bright to you by… Every few minutes.

I thought pay per view was supposed to be ad free

1 Like

The UFC doesn’t want to give anyone a chance to be bigger than the brand.

4 Likes