MVP Is A Freebird

https://www.mmanews.com/news/michael-venom-page-parted-ways-bellator-free-agent

Michael ‘Venom’ Page Reveals He’s Parted Ways With Bellator, Set To Enter Free Agency

MVP is unemployed at the moment.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Michael ‘Venom’ Page will enter free agency for one of the few times in his career after a long tenure in Bellator.

Page announced his free agency during a recent appearance on The MMA Hour. The condition of his free agency is restricted, meaning Bellator will have the right to match any offer from other promotions.

Page hasn’t fought in MMA since a win over Goiti Yamauchi by first-round knockout at Bellator 292. The win could’ve potentially set him up for a welterweight title shot against Yaroslav Amosov., but that possibility is off the table at the moment.
During his interview on The MMA Hour , Page clarified that it’s not out of the realm of possibilities that he might return to Bellator in free agency. He made his Bellator debut at Bellator 93 in 2013; going on to win 17 of 19 fights with the promotion.
The UFC, PFL, and other promotions are expected to be in the running for Page’s services. He also revealed he’ll be in London this weekend to watch the UFC’s upcoming event at UFC Fight Night: Aspinall vs. Tybura .

Page fought for the Bellator interim welterweight title against Logan Storley at Bellator 281, losing via split decision. The loss came after a six-fight winning streak with knockouts over the likes of Derek Anderson and Giovanni Melillo.

Page, one of the most dynamic strikers in MMA history, is expected to talk with various promotions in the coming weeks.

I hope the UFC signs him or even better would be One

5 Likes

I would love if he turned out like Ben Askren in the UFC.

5 Likes

Wow.
I hope he goes to One, way better platform.

3 Likes

u Could be right . Heyyyyyy Sparky !

2 Likes

UFC should Sign

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

All that talent, wasted on a guy with no motivation to test himself against the best. Maybe with good reason, since every decent opponent has beaten him.

1 Like

:eyes:

6 Likes

He has a few decent wins, beat Lima in the rematch although it was a close fight , has that freak win over Yamauchi with the knee cap dislocation, wrestle fucked Daley , battered Rickels.

He’s only been beaten twice in MMA , only stopped by Lima with that uppercut, wrong to say he’s lost every big fight he’s been in, he hasn’t been in many though.

I don’t rate him that highly and at 36 his best days are behind him but he generally is good to watch.

2 Likes

He looks a little like “Suspect” from Def Jam Fight for New York.

1 Like

This is fucking awesome. I hope they give him a big name right away. Don’t wait until he’s 40

1 Like

MVP vs Michel Pereira

5 Likes

Or MVP vs Kevin Holland would be awesome

fuck how could I forget Wonderboy. Him vs MVP would be the most epic Karate matchup in ufc history

5 Likes

IMO, those aren’t good wins, other than Lima. Even the Daley he beat was 36yo and 2-3 in his last 5 before that fight. That’s the only reason he took it, because it was the easy path.

19 fights in Bellator, never a won a belt, or even fought in a championship fight.
How do you go 16-1 in Bellator and not fight in a true championship fight, besides the silly interim title fight against Storley and he couldn’t even win that.

Pitiful for someone so hyped.

I recall when he refused to even say he wanted to fight for a belt, he was content beating up low ranked guys and making highlight reels.

Completely wasted his career.

3 Likes