my apologies to Jan Blachowicz

When everyone was talking about what's next for Jon Jones over the last few years, I always said one word: heavyweight.  Because it was the only relevant challenge for him at the time, at least to my eye.  And then of course, Jon Jones nuthuggers / Malki come on here and try to rationalize how Jon will be the greatest ever if he just stays at boring-weight and fights against guys like Jan Blachowicz and Corey Anderson.  "No need to move up" they said.  "Horse shit" I said.  "There's not a person alive who wants to see fucking Jan Blachowicz fight".  "No one wants to see Jon Jones smashing cans" (in reference to Jan Blachowicz).

I was probably the loudest guy on the forum with that shit.

I still believe that Jon Jones MUST move up to HW if he wants rejoin the GOAT conversation.  I stand by that 100.

But I also owe a huge apology to Jan Blachowicz.  I'd love to see that guy fight Jon Jones.  He's a complete killer and a wrecking machine.  Ultra talented.  Quiet guy.  Reminds me of the old time fighters like Fedor and Crocop.  Not a Twitter warrior or a diva, just an all round likeable hardworking dude.  I'm sorry for being such a dick about him and I hope he gets the spotlight and money he deserves.  He's absolutely in Jon Jones' league.

Cheers to a long career, and best of luck in the title fight on Saturday.

4 Likes

The guy's nothing but a professional.  Think about all the other crybabies who mourn in public that the fans don't like him (Mighty Mouse, Corey Anderson, TWood...).  Jan Blachowicz just keeping on keeping on.  He's a role model for younger fighters.

1 Like

V cool post

And he's definitely much more likeable than Reyes in the few interviews I've heard of them.

1 Like
glenn777 -

And he's definitely much more likeable than Reyes in the few interviews I've heard of them.

I like Reyes too.  Admittedly I've got a huge bias in favour of guys that "pre social media" or "anti social media".  I think I lump Reyes in with Joe Daddy... and how can you not like *that* guy?

I love the guy too. Very quiet and humble. Talks with his fists.