My friend wants to name his first born son...Chael

keylockarmbar - Isn't Chael short for Rachael?

I thought it was short for Michael. Phone Post

Its a toss-up between Chael and O.J

Whatever you do, make sure his middle name is No Hespect.

Awesome name.

stevekt - 
keylockarmbar - Isn't Chael short for Rachael?

I thought it was short for Michael. Phone Post

Maybe.I just thought the the way its said was like the end of Rachael.

yellow wrkahlc - Whatever you do, make sure his middle name is No Hespect.

It would actually be Wayne

Chael Wayne

robbie380 -

If he has a girl he wants to name her Wrigley.....like Wrigley Field since he is a huge Cubs fan.  

He should just call her Cub.

I've always loved the name Wanderlei. I love how it looks how it sounds but have always wondered if its a bit strange to call a kid that. Phone Post

JakodaRay - He should give the kid a real man's name such as John or Charles.

Actually he considered Charles since that was his grandfather's name.  I like Charles better and his grandfather was a bad ass in the Air Force who flew in Korea and Vietnam.  It's always good to know the person you were named after was a war hero rather than an entertaining steroid abusing felon.  I like Chael, but reality is reality.

Bereal - Try to separate Chael Sonnen from the name association. Your friend names his kid Chael......that will be his name long after Sonnen has vanished from the scene. Ultimately, its original and different.

It's not original if he's naming him after someone else, lol

Loiosh - Call him Michael, and then shorten it to whatever nickname you want. There's numerous studies showing that kids with unusual names have it a lot tougher than kids with traditional names. Why handicap a kid unnecessarily?

Not to mention Jordan, Jackson, Tyson, etc...

Kid is bound to become a superstar with that name. Phone Post