My friend wants to name his first born son...Chael

He says he likes the name and he thinks it's an original sounding name.  He is also a huge Chael Sonnen fan.  

UG...what do you think?   Great name or man crush gone too far?  Will Chael be the hot new boys name for 2013?

Meh, it's better than a lot of other names people choose.

Will it be creepy when he sees Chael at an event and tells him he named his son after him? Of course.

But besides that who cares.

Try to separate Chael Sonnen from the name association. Your friend names his kid Chael......that will be his name long after Sonnen has vanished from the scene. Ultimately, its original and different.

If he has a girl he wants to name her Wrigley.....like Wrigley Field since he is a huge Cubs fan.  

It would be hard for me to find a worse person to name a child after in this sport. Phone Post

I love the name and Chael is an incredible guy to name anyone after.

Bereal - Try to separate Chael Sonnen from the name association. Your friend names his kid Chael......that will be his name long after Sonnen has vanished from the scene. Ultimately, its original and different.

Yeah that's what he said he is hoping for.   I mean it's not as if I hate the name.  I think it's a good name, but he does love Chael's antics too.  Me and him went to Vegas to see the 2nd Anderson v Chael match.  I wanted to bet on Anderson, but he looked like I kicked him in the balls when I told him that.  So we bet on Chael.....

My fiancé is obsessed with the name cheal Scheulen so idk it might work if we ever have a boy. We both don't like cheal sonnen though Phone Post

ortman166 - 

It would be hard for me to find a worse person to name a child after in this sport. Phone Post

You could do first name - "Nick" and middle name - "Diaz"

It's a cool and very rare name regardless of Sonnen. I saw a video where Chael explained that his mom derived it from the name Michael. Phone Post

Isn't Chael short for Rachael?

He should name him child "Antonio Rodrigo...".

AmblingAlp -
ortman166 -  It would be hard for me to find a worse person to name a child after in this sport. Phone Post

You could do first name - "Nick" and middle name - "Diaz"

? Phone Post

It's good to give a child a dark side to ponder during his formative years. Boy named Sue isn't just a song, it's a lifestyle

Call him Michael, and then shorten it to whatever nickname you want. There's numerous studies showing that kids with unusual names have it a lot tougher than kids with traditional names. Why handicap a kid unnecessarily?

Hey Jupes, you ever hear the sequel to Boy Named Sue? It's also written by Shel Silverstein, and is from the Dad's viewpoint. It's twisted as fuck, so any UGer should appreciate it.

Loiosh - Hey Jupes, you ever hear the sequel to Boy Named Sue? It's also written by Shel Silverstein, and is from the Dad's viewpoint. It's twisted as fuck, so any UGer should appreciate it.

I have not, I'll check it out

He should name his child Hendo. Phone Post

I'm naming my daughter Ronda. They should have a playdate sometime, OP. Phone Post

Shale "BBQ" <Surname>