My God this WKF Karate

These guys are point fighting & screaming at the top of their lungs when they score a point.

The bitches are doing it too.

Dwight-karate GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

3 Likes

Whew it’s over and Sumo wrestling came on.

My God this Fight Sports Tv.

Machida Era ftw

2 Likes

Its truly the fuckin worst

The actual purpose behind it is to clear your lungs and help with breathing… But these guys take it to a whole nother level.

I see it as a person is trying to psyche their opponent out & influence the judges.

2 Likes

Same shit is going on here,but the volume is turned way down.

I can’t watch it anymore.

They holler just as much as they perform.

Clear your lungs? What blocks your lungs that needs clearing in such a short period of time?

If you’re not a Karateka you wont understand

KIYYYYYYYYYYYYA

3 Likes

KIAI

car driving GIF by A Magical Mess

2 Likes

OK… here is the BS I was taught about the KiAi (literally means “spirit shout”)

1. It directs you will to overcome your opponent and shows the force of your intent. So… yeah its a psych-out ploy. Plus it impresses the judges because it shows can LARP fierceness.

2. That by yelling you tighten your abdomen and use your diaphragm to generate added power, like a boxer exhaling when they punch.

3. Why we yelled all the time in Army Basic Training, it helps to stretch the lungs so that will a lot of cardio means more oxygenated blood allowing the Adrenal dump to last longer under stress…

2 Likes

Ninja.

Kia’ing doesn’t stretch the lungs or aid in oxygenation.

This

Well, it was explained to me by a medic that Yelling all the time in Basic Training had said effect. So the assumption (of mine) is that if that where true in the Army it was true in Karate. That said, I did state “OK… here is the BS I was taught about the KiAi” so I called every reason Bull Shit.