my Hip Bump video

Here is a short video about my version of the himp bump from closed and open guard.

The three little details to make this technique work are:

1. The first movement is in the hips. I do not move my head or shoulders forward but my hip

2. When I finish my sweep my knees, hips and shoulders are at one straight line.

3. The hips goes straight forward not up to the ceiling

Take care Björn  

Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

btw, are those desert camo gi pants? Awesome!

(please post more 'flow' material)

i really like the idea of shooting the hip bump from open guard - i'll have to play with it.

bitte.

sanchezero - i really like the idea of shooting the hip bump from open guard - i'll have to play with it.

bitte.

me2

Great stuff.  Thanks for taking the time to film and post it!

Nice. De La Riva teaches hip bump sweep with same emphasis on hips forward. He basically tries to sit on the opponents hips.

It´s my favorite sweep I use it almost like a balistic bump into the people. Works very well.

Take care

Björn

Interesting, It seems to me he would have much more base going straight forward over the middle of his body rather than hitting him at an angle.

To me this sweep like all others is more about TIMING than direction. If you can set the guy up and get him where you want him you can take him over. But if he's just sitting there in good base its going to be hard.

I like going 90 degress to his shin bone.

It´s not so much about the direction you go it´s all about the first bump. If you hit this first bump with good mechanic he is basically falling by himself. I never give him a direction I just wait which direction he is going.

For me the key is to really have a baslistic forward movement. It´s very easy to check the mechanics. If it´s done right you can use it from open guard and the guy will feel the impact.

Take care

Björn

I like the set up from open guard. Cool stuff!