My latest portrait - Kyra Gracie

DiscipleDojo -  NCAA92,

If you go to http://jmsmith.org/about/art-of-the-dojo you can see each piece, the size, the price of the original, the availability of prints, along with ordering details at the bottom of the page. The shipping costs are built in because I do a donation approach.

You can also email me via the contact form on my ministry site if you have any questions or wanna suggest or commission a piece in the future! :)

I see you're a Paul Creighton guy; nice! I wanna come roll with you guys next time I'm in ATL (I'm a GA boy originally and many of my friends still live there!). My folks live down in Americus so whenever I visit them I train at AMAA with Ken Hudson (he's under Gustavo Machado). I love visiting other schools and learning from everyone I can, and my instructor speaks incredibly highly of Paul!

Anytime. Paul is awesome, and his new school is absolutely insane. I was actuallly going to get one of the Renzo prints for him. You do awesome work! I will send an email to order.

Musashi - 

Haha...brilliant!

@Fightin Chance, well played sir!

@Master Bater, Absolutely it's okay!  Thanks!

Kyra update - I fixed the jacked up eye and am working on the background and detail layers now. Pics up soon!

Since some of you have asked about ordering prints (which is very much appreciated!) here is the low down from my site on how to order a particular print:

From my gallery page: http://jmsmith.org/about/art-of-the-dojo

---------------------- If you'd like to purchase any of the above pieces or a print (if available--click on an image for availability details), it's incredibly easy! Just go HERE and donate an amount equivalent to (or greater than, if you're feeling generous!) the amount of the piece you want. Then just shoot me a quick email (jm@jmsmith.org) letting me know which piece you want and the address where you want it shipped. That's it! You've supported Disciple Dojo AND have something to hang on your wall! What more could you want?? :)

Also, be sure to visit my Etsy.com profile and "Like" my Facebook page to help keep Disciple Dojo running!

Thanks for your support!

-JM

------------------------------

Thanks fellow UGers. And if you'd like a portrait done of your instructor, a fellow fighter, or even yourself, PM me or email me at jm@jmsmith.org and we can work something out!

sub'd

Just ordered two :)

Felice ones are awesome

Update on Kyra piece (secondary complementary & structuring layers):

Still have work to do on getting the eye correct, but I definitely appreciate the feedback on fixing it. Thanks guys. I'm trying to show a more feminine side of KG rather than that bad@$$ side we're all familiar with.

Thanks to those of you who've donated to receive prints thus far! I really appreciate it! I just went to the doctor today to see about a wrist injury and it's gonna need an MRI...which will come from the funds I was trying to save up to train at Renzo's. :(  So ANY support and print purchases (or even better...original piece purchases!) is very much appreciated.

Blessings from the Dojo,

JM

Wow well done at actually getting me to log in to the UG instead of just lurking :-P.
My only question is how much would it be if I wanted one considering I live in the UK.
Otherwise pictures look good and like many others have said the Felice ones are my favourite's right now lol. Did you do any others from Fight Girls as I loved that show.

Jza - Wow well done at actually getting me to log in to the UG instead of just lurking :-P.

My only question is how much would it be if I wanted one considering I live in the UK.

Otherwise pictures look good and like many others have said the Felice ones are my favourite's right now lol. Did you do any others from Fight Girls as I loved that show.

For international orders, just add $5 to your donation to cover shipping. Go HERE and scroll to the bottom of the page for ordering instructions.

I did one of Gina a few years ago just before Fight Girls came out, but the likeness wasn't as good as I'd like (you can see it HERE if you're curious). I didn't really follow any of the other Fight Girls. But if I did another one it'd probably be Kerry Vera 'cause she was the best fighter of that season other than Felice I would argue.

BTW, tell your fellow UK'ers that my next piece will be Dan Hardy. Stay tuned. :)

Okay, here's the final Kyra portrait...

Attn Kyra Gracie fanboys (and c'mon, who isn't??)...$150 and the original can be yours (8.5"x11"). Or $10 for a color print. ;)

Next up: Dan Hardy (For the ladies, of course!) 

Outlaw (initial color layer)

More to come...

What's it cost to commission a piece? Are they all 8.5"x11"? Phone Post

Captain America -  What's it cost to commission a piece? Are they all 8.5"x11"? Phone Post
The sizes I mostly do are 8.5x11, 9x12 and 14x17. I can do any size requested however. I just do 8.5x11s most of the time because they're easiest to reproduce as prints due to standard sizing.

Commission portraits of a single individual start at around $125 for 8.5x11, $150 for 9x12 and $300 for 14x17. Cost goes up based on complexity or multiple subjects. PM me if you want specifics and we can work something out. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to commissions.

Finished piece...

"Outlaw" - 11"x8.5"

Original $150 - Prints $10 ($15 for international orders)

Next up...Jose Aldo, GSP or Miesha Tate...what would the UG like to see next in the Dojo??  :)

I vote Tate Phone Post

BTW, it's not art related, but some of you may enjoy this article I wrote about churches that are using MMA to reach the adult male population. I tried to bring some balance to the discussion. Feel free to share with anyone who might find it interesting (even if they disagree or wanna rip on it):

"Ultimate Fighting...Jesus??"

Due to a printer error, I have THREE prints of the Renzo portrait (17"x14" normally $25) on sale for $15. They're slightly lighter and a bit cooler in value than the original piece due to a color-correction error, but still look. Message me if you'd like one.

DiscipleDojo - Due to a printer error, I have THREE prints of the Renzo portrait (17"x14" normally $25) on sale for $15. They're slightly lighter and a bit cooler in value than the original piece due to a color-correction error, but still look. Message me if you'd like one.

You already send mine out? If not I will take one for Paul.

this thread needs more real pics of Kyra

Nice!