MY thoughts on TUF this season

Not that anyone cares.Idea. Let's get some of the best fighters in England to fight some of the worst fighters in the USA and call it a show? Seriously. They don't even have a Junie to run around the house acting like an idiot. The US fighters suck so much it is becoming obvious that the producers of the show are making every effort to get sub par talent to fight the Brits so that the market across the pond grows. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the UK guys are world beaters, they suck too, it's just that the US fighters are aweful. I hope this does not represent the real future of the sport.

Uhh...OK.

tell us how you really feel

Did you consider the fact that the amateur talent-pool is more like an amateur talent-ocean these days?

That every one and their mother is a UFC fighter?

That the level of talent has been raised dramatically?

VectorWega - Did you ever consider the fact that US fighters just aren't that good anymore?

Don't even try it. There are guys in Alabama who would destroy everyone on that show. There are guys in every state who would destroy everyone on that show.Hell, there were better fighters on the BET show than this. DO you really expect me to believe they have a thre month tryout period and this is all they can scramble? Come on dude. How are US fighters getting worse?

The UK fighters aren't the best in the country, if you look at both teams fighter records they're actually pretty close, and the fights are 3-2 in UK's favor, which is hardly a blowout.

I never said they would get blown out. I said they all suck. But lets not pretend they US team is the best they could find. It is pretty obvious that the UK team was a little better put together.

you're taking the USA v. UK thing too seriously...obviously the very best american fighters in the world would destroy the best fighters in the UK at this point in time. just watch it for the fights.

Why is it obvious? Obviously the UK team meshes better, but they're only 3-2, and records wise both teams were pretty even coming in.

bones, I do watch it for the fights. That's the problem. The fights are terrible.

jbapk, I don't care about their records. Records don't show up to fight. The US team has like two decent fighters and the rest are aweful. For me it is more important that Zuffa grow their brand in England by NOT manipulating the public. Same as the Canadian market. It just pisses me off.

im not watching it, and im certainly not making threads about it.

keepthechange - im not watching it, and im certainly not making threads about it.

Nope only posting in threads about the show you're not watching

The guys on the UK team are NOT top UK fighters. There were plenty of guys more qulified to be on the show who were turned down on both sides.

This season blows besides the 2 fights per episode

"Not that anyone cares".....

thats when i stopped reading. NOT a good opener.

Why exactly does Zuffa intentionally pass up better fighters? I understand that they need to market "personalities" but to me a show featuring the best unsigned fighters in the world would be waaaaay more interesting than so-so guys who jiz in each other's food.

robopimp, let me try this one out. I say it is the only way to plan the shows. There must be a reasonable assumption of who will be able to climb the ranks and beat the cans placed in their way. Or else you can't plan three or four shows in advance like they need to be able to do. My best guess.

lol at wanting a Junie on the show. troll.

The crappy thing is this...they say they are looking for the best fighters but clearly, they are not.

I want to see a new show where they have an event and they scoop top fighters to fight in it.

Oh wait, that's supposed to be the UFC...

gorillagrappling - Not that anyone cares.Idea. Let's get some of the best fighters in England to fight some of the worst fighters in the USA and call it a show? Seriously. They don't even have a Junie to run around the house acting like an idiot. The US fighters suck so much it is becoming obvious that the producers of the show are making every effort to get sub par talent to fight the Brits so that the market across the pond grows. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the UK guys are world beaters, they suck too, it's just that the US fighters are aweful. I hope this does not represent the real future of the sport.

If these are the worst fighters in America, why have they lost so easily to the American guys in two straight fights so far that we know of?

One of the US guys has also fought in the UFC before.

Also every season people like you post this exact same shit.

People still think Rashad Evans is an arrogant disrespectful and mediocre schmuck even after he knocked out Chuk and then beat Forrest Griffin.