My Wife Just Brought Up Frankie/Henderson 2

I'm not sure anyone else has experienced the "My wife is cool as shit" phenomenon, but my wife got back from working out and she said they had the Frankie/Henderson 2 fight on and started going through reasons she thought Henderson won (I.e. submission attempts, damage and because she didn't think Edgar took the win from the champion in a decisive manner).

Holy shit, I feel blest. Anyone else experience this wonderful phenomenon? Phone Post

... With your own wife/girlfriend, assholes. Phone Post

I'm assuming this conversation took place in the kitchen? Phone Post

I once tried to teach my wife how to defend a double leg. By sprawling.

I slowly go to grab her knees and she instinctively knees me in the face.

So are you saying there is hope for me? Phone Post

dbeedy - I'm assuming this conversation took place in the kitchen? Phone Post

Awesome Phone Post

I have indeed experienced this phenomenon. It feels great when your girlfriend can have a rational discussion about something you're passionate about.

It feels especially great when you turn and look at her and tell her "No sweetie, you're wrong. Frankie clearly won that fight, and I love the fact that you appreciate only having ONE black eye so much that you aren't gonna argue with me. Turkey sandwich. No crust.

<3

HardHittingHeeb - I once tried to teach my wife how to defend a double leg. By sprawling.

I slowly go to grab her knees and she instinctively knees me in the face.

That's fucking awesome! You sir have a keeper! Phone Post

RileyPust - I have indeed experienced this phenomenon. It feels great when your girlfriend can have a rational discussion about something you're passionate about.

It feels especially great when you turn and look at her and tell her "No sweetie, you're wrong. Frankie clearly won that fight, and I love the fact that you appreciate only having ONE black eye so much that you aren't gonna argue with me. Turkey sandwich. No crust.

<3

Almost all the time me and my chick agree on mma shit, and sometimes she gives new insight which is great.

But I have been with her for a while, and there's one sore spot. We both aren't right with Condit's win over Diaz, she thinks Diaz(she's biased), I think draw. The problem is, is she despises Carlos b/c that ONE fight and roots against him and holds one fight against him. I don't like that.    So I tell her to go back to the kitchen.

Hell yeah OP im proud of you man. Im working on my GF, trying to get her to start taking classes with me.

pics or gtfo

My wife is embarrassed to admit how much mma she knows because of me. Phone Post

Bill Pharoni - pics or gtfo

This Phone Post

bruised - 

I'm not sure anyone else has experienced the "My wife is cool as shit" phenomenon, but my wife got back from working out and she said they had the Frankie/Henderson 2 fight on and started going through reasons she thought Henderson won (I.e. submission attempts, damage and because she didn't think Edgar took the win from the champion in a decisive manner).

Holy shit, I feel blest. Anyone else experience this wonderful phenomenon? Phone Post

I wanna be happy for you, but I am a fat, bald loser who is almost 40 and lives with his parents, so I'm going to VYTFD every day for a month while I weep over the fact that I haven't gotten laid since before Gilstrap beat Matua.

^^ I actually had a punchline for that, but I'm not sober and have forgotten what it was.

So you're basically explaining to us that your wife is as dumb as dirt?

yellow's Willin - 

Dude, you coulda just copypasted my response and not had to make up one of your own.

Thiazi - 
yellow's Willin - 

Dude, you coulda just copypasted my response and not had to make up one of your own.

Given your sense of humor I can tell why you haven't been laid in quite some time!

AbbottMary - Hell yeah OP im proud of you man. Im working on my GF, trying to get her to start taking classes with me.

Never give up!  I think what got my wife engaged in MMA, is the personal story behind each fighter and the realization it's not just a lot of Affliction wearing asshats that fight.

Braggart! Phone Post