My wife's response to O'Reilly Int

My wife got worked up over the Bill O'Reilly interview tonight tht she wrote him an e-mail...I'm just happy to see that m wife is really getting into MMA!

Dear Mr. O'Reilly,

I'd like to express my extreme disappointment in your interview with regard to Mixed Martial Arts, which you referred to as ultimate fighting. I find your views to be bias and based on your own personal ignorance of the sport. To infer that viewers enjoy violence is insulting at best, I believe violence to be an act of hate and anger, I have never witnessed such emotions in this sport, on the contrary, the level of respect, consideration, and overall good sportsmanship is at an acceptional high and is repeatedly demostrated at each State Sanctioned Event.

Furthermore, I disagree with your opinion of Mohammad Ali and his unfortunate suffering from Parkinson's disease. If your views were at all correct, I'd find it curious that his own daughter is or has been involved in the sport of Boxing herself.

Thank you for hearing my views and opinions. The sport of Mixed Martial Arts has evolved in the most positive ways since it's beginning and is in no way a barbaric display but rather a State Sanctioned Sport Event which provides a respectable showcase for it's athletes. I hope a time will come when you'll consider a more open minded view and re-evalute your opinion of the sport.

Kindest Regards,
Deneen Matera Hsu

Good on her.

But next time, get someone who knows grammar and how to spell to edit it. Ok?

I believe violence to be an act of hate and anger, I have never witnessed such emotions in this sport

lol

Thanks for posting Ed

look she felt better after writing it...what can I say?

ttt, great letter!

She has been to quite a few events with me as well as being front and center at my own events...she comes with me when I pick up fighters from the airport and has even worked as a scorekeeper... she even got to spend an entire weekend with Rich Franklin when I had him down for a seminar a few weeks ago...

She doesn't see the violence in the sport...she has seen the fighters before,during and after an event...

To her there's a difference between 'Fighting' and Combative sports...as was the theme of the Interview...

"she even got to spend an entire weekend with Rich Franklin"

vid?

She's hiding that one...

Noooo he is one of my favorites! What did he say?

Why can't we just say good job and leave it at that.  Instead, like always on here, people have to point out the negative.

I would have to agree with the violence aspect.  It is a game of chess, not just senseless violence, but that is just my opinion and how I fight.

Nice letter. More people need to call O'Reilly on his crap. He's the TV edition of radio's coked-out conservative blowhard. Can't believe anyone still takes his forcefully stated ignorance seriously. Don't your channel-changers work?

lol, this inspired me to send one too...first ever letter to anything.

"I'd like to express my extreme disappointment in your interview with regard to Mixed Martial Arts, which you referred to as ultimate fighting."

Which ZUFFA refer to as ultimate fighting and a name that they have extensively marketed and of which ZUFFA own the registered trademark.

Dana and Rich work for which organisation again?

Curse that evil O'Reilly for describing it by it's correct terminology.

I really don't want to criticise a letter with the obvious good intentions
that this one has, and if the same sentiments were spoken I would have
very little to criticise. Unfortunately, when a letter or email has such
blatant grammar and spelling mistakes as this one it's almost counter
productive as the person receiving it can use this as proof of the
apparent intelligence level of MMA fans.

Please, anyone else who sends letters or emails of this kind, proofread
it and ask someone else to do so too before sending it.

DROC

I proofread mine...but that don't mean anything hahaha.

Rich is a great ambassador for the sport. As is Nate Quarry, Stephan Bonner, and Randy

Very Nice. I agree with your wife ;-) Well said. O'reilly is a BITCH

ttt for Deneen :)

Hey, she did more then I did...and the sport is Mixed Martial Arts not 'Ultimate Fighting' ...he addressed the sport as a whole not just the UFC...