Name of a tecnique?

We do something similar in AJJ, but since I study a Korean MA, I am looking for the Japanese name of a tech.  

It starts with a single lapel grab, one hand on the wrist.  The hand on the lapel moves to the cross shoulder, the shoulder is pushed up and back.  Then the arm is pulled forward for the throw.  

Any ideas?

Your are describing hand movements but what about the body movements?  In judo hand/body movements are coordinated and define the throw.  One throw in judo you can do with with one hand on the wrist/sleeve and that is sode- tsuri-komi-goshi.  The other is some form of seionage. Their is same side gripping morote seionage.   Need to know the body dynamics to determine a comparable throw in judo. 

One handed Sode- https://youtu.be/UsTtOjGT7dc

There is no hip contact.  The way we do it is to step in and rotate into them.  

So I deflect a right punch, my left hand is on their right wrist, my right is pushing their right shoulder up and back as I step forward.  I pivot pushing my right hip forward as I pull my left hand down and push my right arm forward then rotate downward to complete the throw.

I have seen vids in this but cannot find them now.  Also, the aiki part is that you can add a nerve attack to the bracial nerve near the tricept which is quite painful

I can picture the throw/takedown you are talking about. Generally speaking it would be considered a te-waza (hand throwing technique). I don't know if it has a specific name in judo. If the opponent is thrown over an extended leg then it becomes tai-otoshi (body drop). If the legs are not involved then the closest throw it resembles is probably uki-otoshi (floating drop).  

I agree with Aaron it could be same side gripping tai-otoshi since there is not body contact when you rotate your right hip as you describe.  But you do extend the leg out to get spring in the throw when you rotate downward.

https://youtu.be/fcEYbCP5jpA.  Same side gripping tai-otoshi at beginning of video. 

My guess it resembles uki-otoshi with same side gripping from a standing posture.  A hybrid throw uki-otoshi and tai -otoshi combination.  I think this is what you are talking about.  Let us know.

https://youtu.be/h0F-VRoPPKU  

And just in case anyone has doubts as to whether or not uki-otoshi can work at the highest level.  

1 Like

Thanks Aaron for postingthe videos.  The Mongolians can do throws from that in close bear hug type gripping against the best.  

Aaron Lapointe - 

And just in case anyone has doubts as to whether or not uki-otoshi can work at the highest level.  

cool. What DVD set is this?

FatBuddha - 
Aaron Lapointe - 

Online website at www.superstarjudo.com. Amazing site. There was a long post on the BJJ forum about it. With regard to uki-otoshi there is over 5 minutes of competition footage showing how the Mongolians use it with great effectiveness. 

Aaron Lapointe - 
FatBuddha - 
Aaron Lapointe - 

Online website at www.superstarjudo.com. Amazing site. There was a long post on the BJJ forum about it. With regard to uki-otoshi there is over 5 minutes of competition footage showing how the Mongolians use it with great effectiveness. 

Nice - thanks!

That sounds geat!!