Name something other than LegKicks that Rua landed

Shogun @ 1 point rocked Lyoto with a huge right that sent him shooting for a takedown.

Although I still thought it was a close fight. I don't understand the overwhelming comments that Shogun got robbed. I can see why some may think so, but I thought there would have been at least as many people saying Machida won the fight.

After watching it I would score the fight

RD 1: 10/9 Machida

RD 2: 9/10 Shogun

*RD 3: 10/9 Machida *This was a close round due to Shogun's pecking away at Machida with leg kicks every now and then and Machida's flurry at the end; could have gone either way

RD 4: 9/10 Shogun

RD 5: 9/10 Shogun

-------------------

47/48 SHOGUN

No way should it be considered one of the worst decisions ever. The commentary was soooo biased, everyone should try watching it again without the audio (or atleast ignore the commenting).

Rua landed other strikes, obviously. But I take issue with the fact that people keep saying he ate so many punches for those leg kicks. Wrong! Most of the leg kicks he landed were counters to Lyoto's own kicks. Most of the time there was no punch thrown afterward.

Last night I thought it was a really close fight while I was drunk. I just rewatched it. Shogun won.

Lets not even talk about the striking. Lets talk about ring generalship and Octagon control. Clearly, Shogun pushed the pace, and stalked Machida the entire fight. I can only recall 2 instances in the fight where Machida went on the attack, otherwise, it was Shogun hunting him down, cutting him off and engaging. That alone should have won him the fight if neither fighter had the clear advantage in the striking, but when you factor in Shogun landing more often and much more effectively that Machida, it should have been a no-brainer. shakes head in disgust and disbelief

TeilaTulis'Tooth - http://fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

Shogun landed 82 strikes out of 149.

Lyoto landed 42 strikes out of 116.

Shogun had 55% accuracy

Lyoto had 36% accuracy

Shogun landed 17 shots to the head (12 power shots).

Lyoto landed 14 shots to the head (8 power shots).

Lyoto landed 24 shots to the body

Shogun landed 16 shots to the body

Shogun landed 49 leg kicks.

Lyoto landed 4 leg kicks.

Shogun landed 48 strikes from distance.

Lyoto landed 26 strikes from distance.

Shogun landed 34 strikes from the clinch.

Lyoto landed 16 strikes from the clinch.

Here retard put on your glasses.

That is really cool!

ProMagnus - I challenge all these clowns who keep saying that Rua was robbed to name one moment of offense that Rua had other than those leg kicks where he ate massive punches in return.

Name one moment?

Did he have any takedowns? Nope

Did he have any signficant flurries? Nope

Did he land anything consistently other than leg kicks? Nope.

Machida Rocked him with two massive flurries in round three.

Machida landed Two massive knees to Rua's face in the clinch in Rd 4

Machida rocked Rua in the face with a right or left hand on about 70% of those leg kicks.

So please all of you screaming about the robbery, where is this dominating performance from shogon...name one moment.
Ok everyone....say hello to the retarded kid.....

HI retard

Well if you're going to use this as a basis for him not winning the fight I think we need to go back and take back Keith Jardine's win over Chuck Liddell.  It's the same concept, Keith kicked Liddel until he won.  Same thing.

I initially thought it was one of the worst decisions I had seen however after watching it a second time without the extremely biased commentary I scored the fight as such:

Rd 1 : Machida 10-9
Rd 2 : Rua 10-9
Rd 3 : Machida 10-9
Rd 4 : Rua 10-9
Rd 5 : Rua 10-9

Rua 48-47

It was still not a very good decision IMO, however, it was not a complete robbery as I previously thought.

unfallenstar - No wonder Machida was so slow last night. ToWeakToBeaFighter wouldnt stop sucking his balls during the whole match.

Rogan balanced it out by riding Shogun's sack like some tweaker jockey.

Did Machida land more or better strikes in any of the 5 rounds? NO.

50-45 Shogun.

TopChute - 

Shogun had 55% accuracy

Lyoto had 36% accuracy

When you put it like that this fight only looks like the biggest robbery in UFC history.

it WAS

"Shogun landed 17 shots to the head (12 power shots).
Lyoto landed 14 shots to the head (8 power shots)."

this is the important statistic for you tards claiming machida won because he exchanged head punches for leg kicks a couple of times.

shogun landed more head shot, and more power shots to the head. shogun won under ufc rules, and pride rules. shogun won either 4 or 5 of the rounds. i was pulling for machida before the fight, but shogun won it, very clearly.

lookoutawhale -  
lol

promagnus got owned on here

LOL @ this retarded FAGGOT thread.

LOL @ not seeing Shogan landing numerous BRUTAL body kicks, hard leg kicks that took away Machida's movement and had him on WEAK/WOBBLY legs, being FAR more agressive, advancing, going for takedowns, winning more rounds (if not all), and finishing the fight stronger.

Shogun had 55% accuracy
Lyoto had 36% accuracy

with those stats, it's easy to see machida won the fight by landing less strikes and losing the striking exchanges.

WAR MACHIDA ERROR