1 Like

Had him wobbled smh

1 Like

He was on Queer Street. Nate gave him like 10 seconds to recover smh

1 Like

Diaz 125

And now

10 more seconds

Normally this is the point where Iā€™m supposed to gloat and say I told you so, but goddamn Nate was so close to pulling off one of the biggest comebacks in UFC history. Nothing but respect to Nate. He is a true fucking fighter.

3 Likes

Itā€™s like trying to kill Michael Myers.

1 Like

And there ya go.

2 Likes

Being a Diaz fanboy is soooooo fucking stressful and frustrating man. If that had been the first minute of the round he woulda finished him FUCK

3 Likes

That piece of shit dana tries to diminish what he is too. Just think that fuckin joke youtuber got paid 20x more than nate just did for doing play boxing.

1 Like

Lol at Diaz fans still banging on about the Conor win.

Nate and Conor are 1-1, fact
Nate has never held a belt, Conor is a two weight champion, fact

Absolute destruction by Leon, in the third round live betting was -2500 on Leon. Even when Nate had him badly hurt, he pointed at him rather than following up. Tells you everything. Heā€™s popular amongst idiots, thatā€™s it. Heā€™s not even that much fun to watch fight, that was a bit like the Anderson Silva fight with Nick, one guy kicking the ever loving shit out of a guy who just stands their posing like a comedy punching bag. I want to watch a fight, not a guy getting the life beaten out of him because heā€™s clearly nowhere near the fighter heā€™s in their with. Terrible matchmaking. He should be fighting Clay Guida, Jim Miller, Diego Sanchezā€¦ Heā€™s on the same level those guys are now on after good careers

And as ever, he isnā€™t Nick, and never was a great fighter.

1 Like

Meh Nate still wins a fight to the death

You canā€™t say Nate isnā€™t a good fighter lol heā€™s just not top 3-5 material. But he doesnā€™t belong at WW. With khabib gone he could be LW champ

1 Like

I mean, Iā€™d like to see him get a win at 155 before we start talking about him winning the belt. His last win at 155 was 6 years ago, against a guy that moved to 145 immediately after.

The way the division is set up right now, sureā€¦he could put it together for a night and beat anyone at 155, but letā€™s be realā€¦if he has to win a fight or two before a title shot, itā€™s never gonna happen.

Thereā€™s fucking zero chance dude fights at 155 against a contender to earn a title shot. Itā€™s possible the UFC gives him the loser of Poirier vs Conor, but theyā€™ll do it at 170ā€¦and it would be goofy as fuck if he wins and gets a title shot at 155 without fighting there in a 6 years, and coming off a 1-2 run.

So yeahā€¦if gifted a title shot, he could winā€¦but thereā€™s fucking no chance he fights at 155 and beats a couple guys like Conor and Gaethje at 155 to earn the shot at the belt.

1 Like

@Rickmassmma

Question Rick. I know Joe Lauzon is your boy. How do you think a fight between Nate and Lauzon in their primes plays out? I always wanted to see that fight. I remember talks of them fighting back in the day.

Really tough fight for Joe. Nate is longer and really durable, nearly impossible to stop with strikes or submissions. I think itā€™s a tough matchup stylistically for Joe.

Joe was always great at finding holes in guyā€™s games and exploiting it because he was well rounded enough to do it, and was a great finisherā€¦so heā€™d find a way to surprise and stop guys that he probably would have been pretty even with in the gym. To me, that was what made Joe greatā€¦heā€™d find a way to hurt guys, and if he hurt you, he got you out of there. How many guys did he put in bad positions and not finish?

Iā€™ve never game planned fights with Joe, we just ran a website together and bullshitted a lot, I was never part of his team that got him ready for fights. I think I helped him cut weight once or twice, but I was just one of the 5-6 dudes hanging out for moral support as he cut weightā€¦so I have no clue what his view of a fight with Nate wasā€¦but I would assume theyā€™d see the path to victory as trying to beat Nate to the punch, get a couple takedowns and score some points and win a decision. Nate rarely gave a fuck about the scorecards and I think he lost some fights to guys he was better than because he tried to ā€œfightā€ instead of ā€œcompete.ā€

So short answer, I think Nate would have been a tough fight stylistically, joe would have been a betting underdog, but he would have gone into the fight with the goal of winning the fight, where Nate would go in there trying to scrap, so I could see Joe finding a way to win a close decision. Joeā€™s typical path to victory was to find a way to hurt guys with strikes then finish them, or if they were bad grapplers, take them down and get a subā€¦and weā€™ve never seen Nate finished like that. Heā€™s not a guy you can land a couple big strikes then take his back and choke him. It would have been a really fun fight, but I think Nate would have been one of the hardest matchups for him.

2 Likes

Thanks man. Great insight and assessment. Always wished that fight was booked after TUF.

Iā€™m also talking about a hypothetical fight between them on their best dayā€¦there were times where Joe was really hot and Nate was losing close decisions that I thought would have been great times for Joe to fight him. It also depends on 3 or 5 rounds. I think any time during Joeā€™s prime, itā€™s a fun fight that goes to decision, similar to the Jim Miller fights.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Heā€™s a very good fighter, 99% of fighters in the UFC are very good, but that 3-5 are the great fighters and Nate has never come close to beating those kinda guys

Nate has zero for the likes of Gaethje or Poirier. Did you see what Leon did to his leg, Justin would cripple him in a minute and render him totally ineffective

I wouldnā€™t be so vocal about it if Diaz fans werenā€™t so delusional. Itā€™s fun to watch Nate, but you know when he gets in there against a 1-5 ranked fighter, itā€™s gonna be fun to watch because you canā€™t KO him and youā€™re about to see an entertaining one sided beat down.

Iā€™m not a massive fan of that myself, and I think matching Nate up against guys like Edwards is poor matchmaking when thereā€™s guys like Guida who would draw the exact same. Because no one is buying a PPV for Edwards or Guida, both fights are solely bought for Nate

1 Like

Bruh, heā€™s fighting at 170 so 155 can remain competitive.