Nate Diaz says Conor McGregor Trilogy Fight For Sure' Will Happen

Diaz (20-13 MMA, 15-11 UFC) and McGregor (22-6 MMA, 10-4 UFC) have fought twice. Diaz submitted McGregor in a shocking upset at UFC 196 in March 2016. Later that year, McGregor outlasted him by majority decision in their rematch at UFC 202.

The pair has yet to settle their score in a rubber match, but Diaz is confident it will happen down the line.

“The timing’s not on right now,” Diaz told Inside Fighting. “We’ll worry about that later. It’s for sure going to happen at some point. … Yeah, at some point. He needs to get back on what he’s got to do, whatever that is. It’s like, when we match up, we’re going to match up. But we ain’t going nowhere.”

In the final fight of his contract, Diaz meets Khamzat Chimaev (11-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) in Saturday’s UFC 279 main event. The superstar from Stockton, Calif., just launched his new fight promotion, Real Fight Inc., and will use his own platform to promote his fight since he thinks the UFC is siding with Chimaev.

“This fight right here that I’ve got coming up is brought to you by Real Fight Inc,” Diaz said. “The UFC is obviously pushing their fighter on me – not with me, but against me. So this is the first real fight event that we’ve got is right now, right here.”

UFC 279 takes place Saturday at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPNEWS and early prelims on ESPN+.

1 Like

Gangster shit right there. This is why we fuck with the Diaz bros. Hes always thought like this.
The first season of The Ultimate Fighter that I watched was Nates season where he almost fought Karo.
“Next person to touch me is gettin popped… how bout dat?”
We love you Nate. War hard homie.

1 Like

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

Nate Diaz will finish out his current UFC contract this Saturday against Khamzat Chimaev in the main event of UFC 279, but win or lose, will that be the final time Diaz steps inside the octagon?

On an all-new edition of Heck of a Morning, MMA Fighting’s Mike Heck answers that question and what could be next for both guys following this weekend’s PPV event. Additionally, listener topics include Diaz’s new fight promotion, whether Chimaev should go up to 185 after UFC 279, Ciryl Gane’s win over Tai Tuivasa and what could be next for him following UFC Paris this past weekend, Gane’s back-of-the-head punch during the finishing sequence and the reactions to it, Robert Whittaker’s sensational showing against Marvin Vettori in the co-main event, and more.

Where Diaz going to get all the money to pay Conor and himself :joy::joy::joy:. He isn’t going to have that big of backing. Conor will laugh his ass off if it isn’t in the UFC for big bucks.

Nate should of just made an ultimatum in his contract saying if he beats Chimaev he gets a fight with Conor again if he’s just after that money fight.

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t expect to find Jon Jones on any GOAT lists created by UFC 279 headliner Nate Diaz.

This Saturday, Nate Diaz will compete in the main event of UFC 279 when he faces Khamzat Chimaev. Ahead of that blockbuster contest, Diaz sat down with ESPN’s Brett Okamoto for a one-on-one interview. Among the many topics discussed was that of MMA GOATs.

As Diaz was listing names he considered to be among the greatest fighters of all time, there was a pause. Okamoto, having noticed Jon Jones’ name still had not been uttered, attempted to help jog Diaz’s memory by mentioning the former light heavyweight king.

To this, Diaz instantly responded with a dismissive scoff and a strong denouncement of Jones having any consideration for being among the MMA GOATs, with Jones multiple drug-test infractions being the reason.

“With all due respect, if you do steroids, you’re (eliminated from the GOAT discussion),” Diaz said in reference to Jones. “If they’re doing that out loud, that’s different. Like, ‘Hey, we’re all shooting steroids’ and then whoop everybody’s ass. Because I’m willing to fight (someone) on steroids. I don’t give a [MUTED]. Like, let’s all just talk about it. You do steroids, I’ll smoke weed, then let’s get in there and squab. I don’t give a [MUTED].

“But you’re sneak-steroiding and then you’re considered? You’re out of the question. That whole legacy’s gone and done with.”

Jon Jones (Photo: Josh Hedges/Zuffa)

Jon Jones has indeed failed multiple drug tests in the past and has been suspended by USADA. However, in each case, independent arbitration has determined that he did not intentionally cheat and that the amount of substances in his body could not have impacted his performance. You can read further on each case in our editorial on this topic here.

Many people still argue for Jones being the GOAT based on his highly impressive résumé and records set while in the UFC. However, if you ask Nate Diaz, not only is he above Jones on this list, but he and his brother Nick are the two greatest fighters to ever compete inside the Octagon.

Diaz will have another opportunity to showcase this when he takes on young, starving killer Khamzat “Borz” Chimaev in this Saturday’s UFC 279 main event inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

He didn’t need to put an ultimatum in his contract and he didn’t want to extend his contract. Dana, Conor, and Nate have all said the third fight will happen. Nate wants to explore options but he knows this fight is going to be there whenever he’s ready to make a deal with the UFC.

1 Like

Heard him say this earlier, hope he does get a new contract, the dude doesn’t change for anyone. I was waiting on him to Stockton slap Brett O in their interview for this fight lol if you haven’t watched it yet then do so.

1 Like

independent arbitration has determined that he did not intentionally cheat

The duck is this? How did them roids get into his bloodstream ever if he didn’t intentionally cheat? I mean I need some of them dick pills from the gas station or whatever excuse he uses the second time he’s caught lol ffs.

1 Like

Bumpity