Nate Diaz Targets Octagon Return for 306 at The Sphere in Las Vegas

Former UFC fighter Nate Diaz has revealed that he wants to return to the Octagon at UFC 306 later this year.
Despite being 38 years of age, Nate Diaz is still one of the biggest stars in mixed martial arts. The veteran has done a lot in his career, with his two-fight series against Conor McGregor really putting him on the mainstream map. Nowadays, he’s enjoying life away from the UFC, most recently in a boxing match against Jake Paul.
However, the door for a return has always been kept open. Dana White doesn’t appear to have any bad blood, and given the numbers Nate can pull in, it makes a lot of sense. There was even talk of him returning at UFC 300, but it doesn’t appear as if that’s going to happen.
Recently, the promotion announced that they’d be putting on a show at the Sphere in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will be UFC 306 and will take place on September 14. In a recent tweet, Diaz has made it crystal clear that he wants to make an appearance at the PPV.

Diaz has spoken

“I’ll be here f*** 300”

As you can imagine, this has got a lot of people talking about who he could face. The obvious answer is Conor McGregor, with fans wanting to see them finish their trilogy that began eight years ago. If the Irishman is too busy with Michael Chandler, it’ll be interesting to see what alternatives the UFC can come up with – if this is a legitimate plan, that is.

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/1761891999937093957?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1761891999937093957|twgr^aaae40d0ddcfab1f65642405530e35e2be68aacc|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bjpenn.com%2Fmma-news%2Fnate-diaz%2Fnate-diaz-targets-octagon-return-for-ufc-306-at-the-sphere-in-las-vegas%2F

I’ll be here fuck 300

https://www.mmaweekly.com/news/nate-diaz-eyeing-ufc-306-return-at-las-vegas-sphere

Nate Diaz eyeing UFC 306 return at Las Vegas Sphere

Nate Diaz has put his name into the hat to feature at UFC 306 in the Las Vegas Sphere.

I guess that’s when we get to see Conor back in the octagon.

Conor/Nate 3 @The Ssphere

1 Like

https://www.mmanews.com/news/nate-diaz-replace-michael-chandler-conor-mcgregor-opponent-sphere

Nate Diaz Touted To Replace Michael Chandler As Conor McGregor’s Opponent For Historic Sphere Event: ‘Chandler Gets The Hose…’

Dana White
had promised to put on a historic event at the UFC Sphere for the promotion’s first trip to the ground breaking venue.

The event now has a date and number attached with UFC 306 going down in Las Vegas on September 14 for the celebration of Mexican independence day.

It’s never easy to decipher when Nate Diaz is putting something out there with purpose or just to get people talking and his latest social media post certainly did that.
A post on X suggested that Diaz could be targeting a UFC comeback for this date, referencing the fact that he would be skipping over the historic UFC 300 event on April 13.
He stated that Conor McGregor will finally resolve his trilogy with Diaz following the social media post from Stockton’s finest several days ago.

Rather than this fight taking place after McGregor’s long-planned return against Michael Chandler, Thomson believes that this will take precedence.

It would be hard to argue that any other possible match-up would make UFC’s first trip to the Sphere any bigger than this particular fight.

Man i need to see the set-up for this soon.will decide if i go based on how the sphere is utilized

I don’t think pissing all over the performance institute and getting beat by Jake Paul are helping Nate’s chances of ever returning to the UFC

I really hope its Dustin tbh if he actually signs yo fight on the card

Dana JUMPS at the chance to do the triolgy, he may get down on his knees and beg Diaz. Reason is Conor only has 2 fights left on his deal so after the Chandler fight he will only have one more fight then is a free agent. If Dana doesn’t sign Diaz for the trilogy it is almost a certainty for Conor to fight out his deal and do the deal directly with Nate and cut the UFC out of it. For Dana its better to pay them both what they want for that fight, do it under the UFC and make some money vs them doing it on their own and UFC making nothing on it.