Nate Diaz vs Dustin Poirier fight looking unlikely

Tony Ferguson might be the best fighter that Nate can beat right now if he wants to leave the UFC on a high note

2 Likes

Sad Adam Ruins GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

1 Like

It’s a fight but I don’t see it as that interesting. Diaz is coming off of back to back losses. His record is under .500 (4 - 6 for the last 10 years). Poirier is also coming off a big loss. So why are we watching this?

1 Like

Ferguson vs Diaz gets me hard. Wood watch

5 Likes

If the ufc truly thinks Nate will leave after his next fight, they will cash in on mcgregor 3

didn’t Diaz sign an extension?

1 Like

^^^^No that was just some dumbass on here saying that.

There’s a clause in the UFC contracts that says if you turn down a fight the length of your contract gets extended so many months. It was thought that he turned down Khazmat. But no one knows the real deal.

Not sure how it works, I’ve never had a ufc contract. I would have expected a clear timeline that ufc is required to provide X fights over N years as part of the deal, and the fighter is committed to x fights over that timeline. You’re not actually out until the number of fights have been completed. Ufc can’t freeze someone by not formally offering a fight, but fighter can’t just endlessly refuse opponents and somehow have the freedom to ignore the exclusivity part and fight somewhere else.

Long stoned rambling way of saying:
Gotta fight the number of fights contracted. Or not fight anywhere.

^my assumptions

I’m a huge fan of Diaz, but you’re 100% correct. Diaz hasn’t even won a fight since 2019.

Yaaaaaa Buddddddy!

And before that win it was a win over McGregor in 2016