Nate Diaz Vs. Jake Paul Aug 5th

10 Likes

6 Likes

https://www.mmanews.com/news/jake-paul-receives-boxing-callout-from-pfl-fighter-says-hed-rather-fight-nick-diaz

Jake Paul Receives Boxing Callout From PFL Fighter: “He Don’t Want No Smoke, He’d Rather Fight Nick Diaz”

Despite his PFL association, Paul is still in the crosshairs of the promotion’s fighters…

4 Likes

The future of YouTuber-turned-boxer Jake Paul in combat sports currently remains somewhat uncertain.

While the former Disney star signed a multi-year deal with the Professional Fighters League (PFL) earlier this year, with the move coming with ownership of the new Super Fight division and promise of a mixed martial arts debut, it would appear that he sees unfinished business in the ring.

After going 6-0 in the sport courtesy of victories over MMA greats like Anderson Silva and Tyron Woodley, Paul’s boxing record was blemished for the first time this past February in Saudi Arabia.
There, “The Problem Child” was unable to add the name of a recognized professional to his résumé, with British pugilist Tommy Fury securing a split decision victory after eight rounds of action.
Following that defeat, Paul’s next outing is yet to be decided. And while a possible rematch with Fury and a grudge match with UK star KSI have been spoken about, the Cleveland native recently reiterated his plan to debut in the cage this year.

Now, Paul has been called out by one of the top names under the PFL banner — but not for an MMA clash…

Collard “Would Love” To Beat Up Paul

During a recent interview with Sherdog ahead of his own return to action later this week, former UFC featherweight and 2021 PFL lightweight semifinalist Clay Collard discussed a possible return to the ring.
While “Cassius” has amassed a lengthy record in MMA, competing in the sport 32 times as a professional, he’s coupled it with a stint in boxing. Between 2017 and 2021, Collard went 9-6-3 as a pugilist, facing a number of notable names like 2016 Olympic silver medalist Bektemir Melikuziev.

When asked whether he has any immediate plans for another venture to the squared circle, Collard insisted he’s fully focused on this year’s PFL season. However, he did point to Paul as an opponent he’d take joy in throwing down with.

“We’ll see. I mean, Jeremy Stephens and (Anthony) Pettis (boxed) this year,” Collard noted. "Maybe that’ll happen. Right now, I’m focused on the tournament… Maybe Jake Paul, since he’s with the PFL now. Maybe he’ll try to box me. I’ll have to put on a little weight, but I would love to beat him up… Get that payday too.

“He don’t want no smoke, bro! He’d rather fight Nick Diaz or somebody. Freakin’ all these wrestlers, bro. He don’t wanna fight somebody who’s been a boxer,” Collard continued. “I mean, every guy I’ve boxed has been undefeated or close to. I think the combined record of the guys I fought is like 300-and something and like, six… All these guys, they’re jumping on the bandwagon, but I set the trend for all these (MMA) guys to start boxing.”

Good for him. I hope he gets in shape and trains hard

3 Likes

Nate got money to build a great camp but I’m not sure he’ll do that

3 Likes

3 Likes

Diaz may get slept.

20 Likes

I Thought I read that Jake was doing the PFL, I guess he could do both. Hope Nate legitimately trains instead of showing up to get a check.

1 Like

Please Nate win this fight!!!

8 Likes

Great for him! Hope it’s a massive payday

3 Likes

Anybody remember Karo Parisyan pulling the “Do you know who the fuck I am?” BS on him?

Well Karo, do you know who tf he is?

14 Likes

If Nate loses badly he’s prob done in ufc if he wins big I guess he can go back and get a big payday

4 Likes

Who?

9 Likes

He can retire off this fight win lose or draw

2 Likes

By KO

1 Like

Id assume he will have a legit boxing camp

1 Like

Couldn’t beat a real boxer so he’s back to boxing retired, past their prime mma fighters.

6 Likes

…says the thief, who rips people off on the internet.

6 Likes

Are u saying Nate is a shitty boxer?