Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2

🚨Breaking News from The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani🚨 🥊Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal 2🥊 - June 1st, 2024 - The Kia Forum - Inglewood, California - Pro Boxing Bout - Light Heavyweight (175lb)

2 Likes

Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal are running things back.

The two UFC veterans are set to rematch in a 10-round pay-per-view boxing match on June 1 at the Kia Forum in Los Angeles. MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani broke the news Wednesday on The MMA Hour. The bout will be contested at 175 pounds and mark Masvidal’s professional boxing debut. Diaz previously made his in-ring debut in a August 2023 decision loss to Jake Paul.

The bout will be carried on pay-per-view by Fanmio for $79.99, with an early price of $49.99 available until April 12, and presented by the fighters’ two promotional arms, Diaz’s Real Fight Inc. and Masvidal’s Gamebred Boxing Promotions. Diaz and Masvidal previously fought in November 2019 at UFC 244, with Masvidal defeating Diaz via third-round TKO to claim the inaugural BMF belt after a cageside doctor halted the contest due to cuts.

“Nate’s a dead man walking,” Masvidal said in a statement given to MMA Fighting. “I can’t wait to prove that last time was no fluke. He got saved by the referee. Now we are boxing, which he says is his forte, but he’s got no shot at beating me. I’m not going to give him an inch in that ring to even breathe. If he thought our MMA match was bad, this is going to be much worse. I’m going to drown him. I want to put away any talk that him and I are the same, or that the referee saved the day. All of that talk ends June 1.”

Diaz (21-13 MMA) exited the UFC off a win over Tony Ferguson in 2022 following a 15-year run with the company that saw him emerge as a global superstar. Over that time, Diaz served as a pioneer of the lightweight division and defeated the likes of Conor McGregor, Anthony Pettis, Jim Miller, Donald Cerrone, Gray Maynard, and Takanori Gomi.

Masvidal (35-17 MMA) also blossomed into a superstar over his 10-year UFC run, challenging twice for the UFC welterweight title and earning the fastest knockout in UFC history with his five-second flying knee of Ben Askren in June 2019 at UFC 239. Masvidal retired from combat sports this past April following a decision loss to Gilbert Burns, but now returns from the sidelines to make his debut in the sweet science against his one-time foe.

Jorge wins with ease but both should make decent money on it so good for them.

2 Likes

I just saw this on espn. I’m not all that intrigued by this, but when it goes down I will obviously be tuned in. I hope Diaz brings that 4th round energy he was ready to show before the cuts got in the way during their last fight, after getting pieced up for the better part of the first 3 rounds.

Also, I hope they both make off with the bag, and Dana sweats a little more over these guys showing what can be done outside of the UFC. The only reason for me hoping this is because he should have brought Nate back for the 300 event, and now he needs to pay for that mistake. Haters will hate, but Nate vs Conor 3 would have been a sweet addition to the big night.

2 Likes
1 Like

Nate been Lobbying For EVERYONE lately

1 Like

https://www.mmanews.com/news/jorge-masvidal-nate-diaz-date-venue-confirmed-to-be-10-round-boxing-bout

Didnt read anything but lemme guess jorge is “gonna break this dudes eyeball, pure violence, super necessary” etc.

Fuck this dude

6 Likes

Pretty accurate, lol.

They are trying to sell that PPV for $80.

Fuck that shit.

I’d almost rather watch Paul vs Tyson.

Paul boxing Tyson, Masvidal boxing Diaz… this is some lame cash grab boxing garbage right here and its sad if this is really what the prizefighting consumer is demanding these days.

Let the casuals waste their money I guess.

1 Like

–

"Nate’s a dead man walking,” Masvidal said

I’d rather spend $80 to watch Dillon Danis box Ben Askren than sit through Masvidal vs Diaz 2 in boxing.

1 Like

This will be a total flop. 2 over the hill MMA fighters boxing each other for $80? I’d be surprised if it did 50k buys.

6 Likes

DarftKings Sports doesn’t have this even listed yet.

This should be on the undercard of Paul vs Tyson.

1 Like

I would rather watch Bum Fights

4 Likes

Can anyone honestly say they’re interested?

And lol@ 80$

4 Likes

Would be a fun MMA fight possibly. Not really interested in the boxing match.

(80 bucks is hilarious)

2 Likes