Nathan Open to Return for Main Event Fight

Former UFC title challenger Nate Diaz has teased a desire to compete in the headlining bout for April’s highly-anticipated UFC 300 event.
One of the biggest stars in UFC history to never hold a title, Diaz walked away from the promotion after he submitted Tony Ferguson in the main event of UFC 279 in what was the final fight on his contract.

The 38-year-old made his professional boxing debut in a losing effort against Jake Paul last August and is now expected to return to the boxing ring for a rematch with Jorge Masvidal later this year, but in a recent social media post Diaz suggested he might be interested in returning to MMA as the main event for UFC 300.

Following his upset victory over Conor McGregor at UFC 196, Diaz and “The Notorious” were rumored to rematch at UFC 200 before the pair ended up headlining UFC 202 in a bout that McGregor won via majority decision.
The long-awaited trilogy fight between Diaz and McGregor would be exactly the kind of UFC 300 main event that fans have been clamoring for, but unfortunately that idea seems unlikely given that Diaz currently isn’t signed to the UFC and McGregor is set to return to the Octagon against Michael Chandler in June.

A main event for UFC 300 will need to be unveiled sooner rather than later regardless of whether Diaz’s post was sincere, although at the very least UFC CEO Dana White has announced that Zhang Weili will defend her strawweight belt against Yan Xiaonan in the first title fight that’s been added to the card.

I could see some fight with Nate being some big surprise from Dana, Masvidal said he’s coming out of retirement recently for one more. So I wonder if Dana would try to make Nate and Jorge run it back.

Its inked already foe BOXING , Gamebred

1 Like

Anyone have any real interest in Conor Nate 3?

Right now it’ll definitely be better than anything on that card tho but to me 298 and 299 look better fight for fight.

I wish they could have talked Justin Gaethje and Max Holloway into fight for UFC 300. Always wanted to see that.