Need to buy a Gi. Please help (TME)

Im not sure what size i am but I'm 6'4" slim @ 185 lbs. size 33 waist

I want to but a gi that will be very durable and not shrink in the dryer.

I really know nothing about Gi. What else do you need to know from me to help make a recommendation? Phone Post

Type of gi. I have always liked MKimonos for their customer service. If you call Lu, she can help you with this.

All gis will shrink in the dryer.

Thank you! I thought they sold per-shrink gi, I'll call Lu and get her advice. Do you have a number or will a google search turn It up? Phone Post

Padilla and Sons has a sale going on right now. Phone Post

Dude...im 6'5" 200lbs and just bought a keiko raca a4. It is a lanky fitting gi that is absolutely beautiful. I shrunk it down a little and its a perfect fit. Phone Post

A lot of 'which gi' is personal preference

Things to think about -
Fit varies between brands
Do you want Lightweight material or not
Budget

If you have opportunity your best bet is to go to a shop and try on some stuff and talk to the staff
Or try on your team mate's gi and check sizing / comfort
It's easy to buy a big name brand and get a poor fitting gi unfortunately
Any reputable manufacturer is unlikely to rip anytime soon Phone Post

Andyj45 - Dude...im 6'5" 200lbs and just bought a keiko raca a4. It is a lanky fitting gi that is absolutely beautiful. I shrunk it down a little and its a perfect fit. Phone Post

What brand? Where did you buy it? Phone Post

www.mkimonos.com

Keiko raca limited series. UK grappling website.

Google it and take a look. Phone Post

Also, if this is your first gi you should know that it is best to hang dry them. Some people put them in the dryer on no heat but I don't see the point. Just hang it up the night before class and you should be fine. If you put it in the dryer with heat it will shrink, even pre shrunk gi's will shrink.

I have Ouano kimonos that are over 10 years old

great quality and reasonable price

the newer versions are strong and light

Keiko Raca for someone with a tall, slim build.

Redstar A3 Tall. Phone Post

Agree with the Ouano. Phone Post

so did you get one yet?

What did you go for?

I didn't yet. I've been traveling but I will when I return. I have a cheater gi right now but I'll have to replace it soon. Phone Post

keiko raca is made for tall skinny guys, very good cut Phone Post

Definately Keiko Raca if you are willing to spend the money. They aren't cheap, but they are nice and well suited for tall, slim guys. Someone mentioned Mkimonos. They are really nice gis, but honestly Id be surprised if they have one that fits you very well. I have an A-4 that length wize fit me perfectly out of the bag and I only stand about 5-10" It would be way too short for you. I think A-4 is their biggest size.

I put this together a while ago: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/bjj-gis-for-the-tall-and-skinny/

I'm exactly the same size as you and my Redstar A3L fits perfectly.

Dude that link is awesome. I used it buy my first gi....keiko raca ftw! Phone Post