Neer focused on Diaz

Neer totally focused on UFC Fight Night main event against Diaz

By John Buhl

Fresh off of a high profile win over Din Thomas on April 2 in his first UFC appearance at lightweight, one could forgive a longtime veteran like Josh Neer if he was looking ahead and thinking of a potential title shot.

But despite being the verge of establishing himself as a top contender at 155 pounds, Neer (24-6-1) isn’t thinking about anything except Nate Diaz (9-2), his September 17 opponent in the main event of UFC Fight Night 15 in Omaha, Neb.

Nice article. Neer will win.

Thanks for reading North

How do you think he'll do it?

Better and way more versatile striking. Diaz's takedowns have been pretty weak in the past and Neer got the wrestling to keep it standing and bang out a win.

Gotcha. Seems like his best chance, that's for sure. Like everyone else when they fight Diaz, he'll just have to make sure his gas tank is full though. Thanks again for reading

ahh, a fan but a skeptic. Why not NJstileNJ?

I always have lingering doubts about Diaz, but he always seems to win. I don't think Neer is anymore dangerous than Batman.

I'd give the power and wrestling advantage to Neer.  The grappling and stamina to Diaz.  I'm not convinced either way on overall stand up.  Whatever happens, these two come to fight.  This should be a good one.

Agreed OF.

Good points Pernicious. It's all about matchups, and that will be impossible to tell until the fight itself. I wouldn't think Neer would be more dangerous than Pellegrino either, but on the other hand Neer beat Stevenson, who in turn has a win over Pellegrino. These A beats B beats C things never work though, too many variables

I never follow the A-B-C logic, Elias.

For me, Diaz looks awkward standing, and he seems to get hit too much for my liking. (I don't like getting hit at all!) But it appears he has power, can take a punch, and is great off his back. He neutralizes Neer's strengths, in my mind, and works for a finish on the ground.

I cant wait for this fight!

ttt

Look for Neer to have an insane hometown advantage, but then again the Diaz Bros seem to really enjoy being hated. I'm picking Josh by stoppage. Should be a great fight.

ttt

either way it will be a good fight.........i got diaz......

WAR DIAZ.......

DONT FORGET DANZIG AND GUIDA

NEER wins. I also predict after Neer wins,one of the Diaz brothers will flip somebody off.

john thornton - NEER wins. I also predict after Neer wins,one of the Diaz brothers will flip somebody off.

lol. agreed.

john thornton - NEER wins. I also predict after Neer wins,one of the Diaz brothers will flip somebody off.

Doesn't matter who wins. Sun's gonna rise, a Diaz is gonna flip the bird. It's a sure thing. Like death and taxes.

Depends on which Josh Neer shows up IMO

CRE picked Diaz. I'm going all-in on Neer

ttt