Never superman punches in boxing. Why?

You can see it worked perfectly here. BJ even goes to check the kick.

is this a serious post? It's a fake KICK, punch combo. Boxing doesn't allow kicks, so superman punches are useless. A straight right hand packs a lot more pop anyway.

D3structo -  

BJ is checking the kick as the punch lands in his face????

mikecard - is this a serious post? It's a fake KICK, punch combo. Boxing doesn't allow kicks, so superman punches are useless. A straight right hand packs a lot more pop anyway.

Read the rest of thread, didkt know it was a feint

Chavez knocks Roger Mayweather down with a superman punch at the 7:05 mark.

toshii - 
D3structo -  

BJ is checking the kick as the punch lands in his face????

Pretty much. When GSP goes to throw the superman punch, which is a "fake kick", BJ goes to check the kick but by the time he has his leg up he's eating a punch.

Worked like a charm.

I set it up on guys who check by lifting their leg ala BJ. If my opponent is one of those guys who turn their leg and take the kick as they punch you in the face I dont use this punch.

GSP is about the only guy who really uses it with any consistent effectiveness. Part of the reason is because 9/10 times he is a better stand up fighter than his opponent. In that BJ gif he uses it with his lead hand which isn't a bad idea, but I am tired of seeing guys load up on it like they're going to KO somebody with it, ESPECIALLY when they are facing somebody with a better stand up game. Florian got tooled when he tried it against BJ and I guarantee you if GSP ever fights Anderson he won't even think about trying it.

I did one in a tuffman one time. It was pretty funny. The ref got pissed though.