New Breed: Jimy Hettes Good story!

Jim Hettes could have been one of the first featherweights to ever compete inside the Octagon. UFC fans could have already heard Bruce Buffer utter his name.

That’s because Hettes could have made his first impression on the big stage Dec. 4 at The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale, save for the tactics of Northeast MMA Cage Fight and its promoter, Maury Nehme.

Rather than supporting Hettes on his quest to reach MMA’s version of the big leagues, Nehme decided to look out only for his own best interests by refusing to allow the young fighter out of his contract.

“I wasn’t too happy,” Hettes told MMA DieHards. “I’m free of that contract now and I don’t ever plan on going back to that organization either.”

Long before he was ever concerned about contracts, the Pennsylvania native was just a kid with a love of the martial arts. He started training in Brazilian jiu-jistu at the age of 16 and it would be jiu-jitsu that would lead Hettes to MMA.

READ FULL ARTICLE 

Jimmy Hettes is a phenom fighter, and a very cool, hilarious guy. Can't wait for him to get the recognition he deserves! Kid Samurai! Phone Post

jimmy is a MONSTER. his jiu jitsu is on point, his throws are insane and his hands are sharp. he is a smart fighter and a total class act!!!

he submitted a tough opponent at 152 catch weight last weekend. he's gonna make big noise soon enough!!!

pocotouro - jimmy is a MONSTER. his jiu jitsu is on point, his throws are insane and his hands are sharp. he is a smart fighter and a total class act!!!

he submitted a tough opponent at 152 catch weight last weekend. he's gonna make big noise soon enough!!!

You ain't lyin'. We trained together for about 9 months a few years back. I weighed about 175, Jimmy 150 or so. I'm mostly a bjj guy, but I have decent stand up grappling and Muay Thai game, have done fairly well in those aspects in competition. Jimmy used to TOOL me on the feet with his unorthodox style and speed...I would literally put my own back up against the cage just so I knew that was one direction I wouldn't get thrown. The only place I could get ahead of him was on the ground. But with his talent and work ethic, those days will quickly be behind me if they aren't already. Can't say enough great things about Jimmy, a rare talent. Oh, and if he ever makes it on TUF, he will be a star, kid is frickin' hilarious and fearless.

Really great guy and talent. I miss getting to roll with him. I know he's going to do big things. I miss rolling with BJJ Black belt JRockwell as well ;)

jiujitsumma - Really great guy and talent. I miss getting to roll with him. I know he's going to do big things. I miss rolling with BJJ Black belt JRockwell as well ;)

We think he is going to do big things as well