New CBS commercial for Fedor

That was good.

knuckleballs - 
GladiatorGannon - 
CRE - Wow that was a great commercial, too bad Rogers is going to leave him snoring in the cage

Don't be that hard on Rogers. I'm sure he has enough to keep Fedor interested for at least a minute or 2.

CRE means that Rogers is going to knock out Fedor, not bore him to death.

Wow, thanks for that literal interpretation. I have a party coming up I'm sure you'd be fun at.

DAAAAAYUM, who's Fedor?

that wink is like the Butterfly Effect. not the one with the Kooch.

Gnarly219 - 
HELWIG -  Good, but not on the level of the 30 second one that lists the best HWs in the sport and then says "they all have one thing in common..............they all lost to this man."

Where can we find that gem?!

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/10/15/1086875/strikeforce-upcoming-schedule-and

very cool- i saw it the other day

hell of a promo spot.

excellent representation of the sport.

right on Strikeforce & CBS

they couldnt get footage from at least one of his fights? that stinks but he still did a good job

that's a rape wink at the end

AmericanPsychoMMA -  

Thanks!

Nice

Chris -  UFC owns his Pride footage and Affliction footage. Ouch.

They are marketing him nicely without the footage....might even work in their favor.

I don't really know why they need to introduce the greatest fighter on the planet. I just figured if he were we wouldn't need introduction video.

CBS is making the same mistake that Affliction made.  They are promoting Fedor-Fedor-Fedor rather than the fight itself and the Strikeforce brand.  It does nothing to make me believe a Fedor-Rogers fight will be must see TV, and it does nothing to differentiate the Strikeforce brand from the UFC brand.

You can't promote a fight by only talking about one guy.  This video reminds me of the Fedor: BMOP video put out before Day of Reckoning.  It was 29:55 of Fedor felatio and 0:05 of Andrei Arlovski.  Even if everyone who sees the commercial buys into the hype, they are going to have no interest in the fight because they will just assume the great Edor will smash the tomato can who they have never even bothered to mention in the commercials.  How can anyone take Rogers seriously if CBS refuses to even mention his name?

Cool to finally see SOMETHING from CBS on this.  But I'm left with a lot of questions/concerns.

1) The average person watching CBS has no idea who he is.  All they're seeing is random comments (that almost sound fake btw if I didn't know it) and training/family footage.  It's almost like they expect everyone to know who he is, but I think the average person will be lost and forget about it shortly thereafter.  Not showing fight footage, especially vs. Sylvia, Arlovski, or maybe Nog who the general public might actually know is a mistake.

2) Why not talk about the actual fight?  Since Brett HAS been on TV that might actually help get viewers to tune in and be excited.  It wouldn't hurt to mention some of the other former UFC fighters either as that might help get more people interested too.

3) It would have been better to start advertising months in advance, or maybe do a 30 minute special, to try and market the heck out of this fight.  The average viewer is going to think this is the same crappy org that put on the earlier CBS fights and won't tune in so it would be helpful to distinguish between EliteXC and Strikeforce too so they know it's something different than last time.  They also advertised Kimbo as the best and you know where that got them.

I just don't see Strikeforce/CBS trying to overcome the stigma left by EliteXC on CBS and I think it will hurt them in the end.  Hopefully they have more content coming soon to help accomplish some of this.

That said it was cool to actually see Fedor on network TV, all his other issues aside.

As good as a 30 minute special might sound, that's not going to happen in October. If the fight were in the summer, maybe, but I still doubt it. Network programming and SpikeTV programming are very different animals and no broadcast network is going to pull an entire slot out of prime in October or November for an "All Access" show. If CBS ever runs a preview show it will be after their broadcast fights have matured with substantial demand.

Boldar - Not showing fight footage, especially vs. Sylvia, Arlovski, or maybe Nog who the general public might actually know is a mistake.

Zuffa owns the North American rights to all that footage.  To the best of my knowledge, the only Fedor footage that Zuffa doesn't own the NA rights to are Lindland, Choi, and his RINGS fights. 

It's hard to promote the guy when you don't have access to any of his fight footage.

orcus - 
TheVileOne - It was better than the last promo. Despite orcus' retarded sarcasm, they should've had things like this before they had just a little over three weeks left.

Yeah, three weeks isn't nearly enough time for the people who actually become interested by the ad to find out more about Fedor and the event. It takes at least six weeks of Youtube study and TV Guide perusal.

lol

GladiatorGannon - 
CRE - Wow that was a great commercial, too bad Rogers is going to leave him snoring in the cage

Don't be that hard on Rogers. I'm sure he has enough to keep Fedor interested for at least a minute or 2.

lmao

supersaiyan - 
GladiatorGannon - 

lmao

+2