NEW DVD by John Danaher is OUT! FHL System

mdavid01 - Yes, these dvds are very good. Danaher puts a lot of thought into teaching and breaks down techniques well.

He’s very good at communicating the details of techniques and common counters.

The only “problem” with them, is that they are so dense and full of material, and 8 hours of content, that it takes a long time to work though them, go practice at the gym and come back for details missed.

Yet his teaching method is the exact opposite of what people ask for out of the youtube vids.

He does quite a bit of theory and technical discussion prior to even demonstrating technique.

With youtube vids no one seems to have the patience for an insightful explaination of subtle details.

Meatgrinder - 
mdavid01 - Yes, these dvds are very good. Danaher puts a lot of thought into teaching and breaks down techniques well.

The only “problem” with them, is that they are so dense and full of material, and 8 hours of content, that it takes a long time to work though them, go practice at the gym and come back for details missed.

Yet his teaching method is the exact opposite of what people ask for out of the youtube vids.

He does quite a bit of theory and technical discussion prior to even demonstrating technique.

With youtube vids no one seems to have the patience for an insightful explaination of subtle details.

When it comes to YT instructionals, I don’t mind lots of details, I’d just rather see the move demoed first, then followed by the 20 mins of detail. The explanation then has far more relevance (IMO).

James

He definitely thinks about Jiu-Jitsu a lot. :)

Sir Taps - 
Meatgrinder - 

When it comes to YT instructionals, I don’t mind lots of details, I’d just rather see the move demoed first, then followed by the 20 mins of detail. The explanation then has far more relevance (IMO).

James

..cool. thanks for the feedback on that

yusul - 
shen - 

Wow... bringing back old school 1990s prices to BJJ instructionals!

there’s a reason danahar was a phd candidate.

You think he’s trying to pay off his student loans?

Just finished the last DVD. The very last chapter covers a point that is so important it should have been shown much earlier. And Danaher mentions it as a key to stuff we will see “later”, which we actually just saw covered. So that was obviously an editing mishap. Annoying.