New Gym (South Side Chicago)

"Is the southside of Chicago as rough as they say it is? Never been, but hear a lot about it."

there are definitely parts you don't want to spend too much time in. englewood, Back of the Yards, Wild Wild 100's, etc. there are major ghettos. Personally, im more afraid of the west side.

there are also some pretty decent neighborhoods. jays school is in an alright place so no danger there.

Jay, I train at New Breed Jiu Jitsu Academy but work prevents me from getting up there regularly. I'm looking for a place on the south side to train and this sounds like it may work. What day are you generally there?

Nick

ttt for jay

ttt

TTT

Is this in the baddest part of town? If I go down there I better best beware of a man named Lee Roy Brown.

ttt

TTT.

111 and Kedzie is almost Oak Lawn.

southside represent. 111th and western here.

ncimm - Jay, I train at New Breed Jiu Jitsu Academy but work prevents me from getting up there regularly. I'm looking for a place on the south side to train and this sounds like it may work. What day are you generally there?

Nick

Nick is a bad ass, Jay.

Thanks Gabe.

Anyone know when classes are offered down there?

I'm only there 1 day a week on Tuesday nights. From 6:30-7:30PM I'm covering basic ground stuff. So far we get about 7or 8 guys who know nothing about BJJ so am starting off with the basics. Guard pass, side control and stuff like that. 7:30-?? Is the mma tech. Got the guys doing some conditioning drills some striking drills then who ever wants to sparr with takedowns I let em bang. Usually they're tired and they don't have much left in em. It's hard to say I teach mma because if there not taking the wrestling, kickboxing, or BJJ with us or anywhere else it's alot to throw at someone in 1 hr. It's a young group and there is some talent in the room. I'm looking forward to see how it goes.

Right now I can only commit to 1 day a week since my son is wrestling and is taking up all my time. I like to add that he took 4th at the Boarder Wars National Tourny this weekend. He had a 14 man bracket and wrestled 6 times. Beating a WI state champ and losing to a MI runner up. All the midwest was there. He's 6 by the way

Jay, that's pimp with your little guy. It sounds as if the BJJ classes are real basic right now so I'll hold off for now. In the near future if you are interested in getting in some rolling with some more advanced guys let me know.

Thanks again for responding

Nick

TTT for Jay Estrada. Everyone should check out his class and demand more during the week

TTT for Jay and more classes during the week

Thanx for the offer Nick. I hear nothing but good things about the guys from New Breed.