New: Single Leg X Guard Masterclass

Hey BJJ Forum, I've just released my latest instructional, the Single Leg X Guard Masterclass.

This is an area of jiu-jitsu that I concentrated heavily on for about 2 years, and I made some major breakthroughs in my own game.  This instructional is an attempt to share those breakthroughs (the techniques, drills, combinations and strategies) with the BJJ community.

It's available as both a DVD set and/or an online streaming instructional at http://www.grapplearts.com/slx

Other things: it comes with a 365 day moneyback guarantee if you don't like it, I've included a quickstart guide to help people implement the material quickly, and it's still at the new release price for another couple of days.

If you have questions post 'em below and I'll answer them if I can

Single Leg X Guard Masterclass

From the Introduction section of the instructional, here's a video putting the SLX into context of the other X Guard positions

And here's one of my favorite entries to the position (I cover quite a few more in the course obviously)

Very cool. Congratulations!  I'm eager to check this series out!

bump

Looks great. Can't wait to check it out

Are you planning to release an app?

is this geared more towards the Gi or is it good for nogi as well?

I have a terrible time with SLX.

Tarado Safado - 

Looks great. Can't wait to check it out

Are you planning to release an app?

Yes, hopefully within a month or two.  But you can access the online version of the SLX Masterclass on your smartphone or tablet, so that's almost like an app already...

Fern 10th Planet - is this geared more towards the Gi or is it good for nogi as well?

It's absolutely geared towards both (I train both and don't have time to develop and train guards that don't work equally well in both environments).   The only exception is that I show a couple of gi-based wraps with which you can augment the basic position, but that's like 1% of the total curriculum

GaspareBJJ - 

I have a terrible time with SLX.

Yes, so did I originally.  The thing that changed that for me was the core drill, which taught me to be able to dynamically establish, offbalance, and reestablish the position at will.  If you just go to the SLX and say to yourself 'there, I'm finally in this position and now I can rest' (like you might with the closed guard) then you're going to get destroyed.  It's a dynamic position which is a liability (because you can't just hang out there) and a huge strength (because your opponent won't know what hit him), and so your training methods, strategies and drills need to reflect that.