New UFC Title Fight Rule

This current crop of champions in the UFC seem to get hurt every other fight. Back in the day, guys never seemed to drop out from injury. Anyhow, I think the UFC should have a rule that if you are sceduled for a title fight and you get injured, you get stripped of the belt and your challenger gets a new opponent ASAP, for the vacant title. Then when your healthy, guranteed immediate title shot. At first I was thinking "interem" title but... that just complicates things. Between Cain, Pettis, Hendrix, Aldo and now Jones, its been a lousy year for title fights.

How many years in a row now have been been saying "its been a lousy year for title fights"?

What good would it do you as a fan seeing guys who aren't the top guy fighting for the belt just so you can call it a title fight? Phone Post 3.0

SupesUp - What good would it do you as a fan seeing guys who aren't the top guy fighting for the belt just so you can call it a title fight? Phone Post 3.0

Who says they are not the top guy? I think many felt DC would beat Jones and we all saw what Gus did to him. The way I see it, a fight between DC, Gus or even throw Anthony Johnson in the mix, all add up to potentially better champs than Jones. Not saying they all would beat Jones but i feel its possible they all could.

With your logic, there is no sense in  watching the welterweights since GSP retired.

Masterclass -
SupesUp - What good would it do you as a fan seeing guys who aren't the top guy fighting for the belt just so you can call it a title fight? Phone Post 3.0

Who says they are not the top guy? I think many felt DC would beat Jones and we all saw what Gus did to him. The way I see it, a fight between DC, Gus or even throw Anthony Johnson in the mix, all add up to potentially better champs than Jones. Not saying they all would beat Jones but i feel its possible they all could.

With your logic, there is no sense in  watching the welterweights since GSP retired.

Well no need for belts at all then if you've already decided Jones isn't the top guy and doesn't need to be beaten to take his belt from him. Sounds like a legit sports structure. Phone Post 3.0

NO TUF SEASONS HOLDING TITLES HOSTAGE.

2014 has been horrible and injuries and TUF are mostly to blame. Phone Post 3.0

McBottery - 

How many years in a row now have been been saying "its been a lousy year for title fights"?

Well last year was pretty darn good.

SupesUp - 
Masterclass -

Well no need for belts at all then if you've already decided Jones isn't the top guy and doesn't need to be beaten to take his belt from him. Sounds like a legit sports structure. Phone Post 3.0

You must have missed this part, "Not saying they all would beat Jones but i feel they all could."

And this part, "Then when your healthy, gauranteed title shot."

bad idea. back in the day, it fucking sucked. lower pay than right now and no cover of injuries during the training camp so they had to scrap. yeah i hate injuries but if you can't defend your belt because you got injured training for the fight (Jones) or got an injury during the fight(Pettis) you should get enough time to recover. not just show up to lose and collect a paycheck like most champs would do if this rule existed.

I listed more champs than just Jones there. Maybe some are happy that a PPV has Bazeler as a co-main event. Seems pathetic to have a PPV with that weak of a card. DC is good to go, Gus wont be ready in time but, I bet Anthony Johnson would jump right in if a title was on the line (he would probably do it even without the title on the line.)

xsrg95 - bad idea. back in the day, it fucking sucked. lower pay than right now and no cover of injuries during the training camp so they had to scrap. yeah i hate injuries but if you can't defend your belt because you got injured training for the fight (Jones) or got an injury during the fight(Pettis) you should get enough time to recover. not just show up to lose and collect a paycheck like most champs would do if this rule existed.

I would not view it as them "losing" their title. They did not lose a fight and the first fight back would be against the new champ so... It would be like they were never gone. At least some other well deserving fighters would have an opportunitty to fight for a title that wat. Lightweight for instance is rediculous. There are about 4 or 5 guys that deserve title shots that have been waiting and will continue to wait for a long time.