Ngannou boxing again Dec 23rd?

Bisping says that is what he is hearing.

Would be nice to see an active heavyweight who fights every few months instead of once a year.

4 Likes

Yeah, in either sport, boxing or MMA.

2 Likes

Wilder leggo

4 Likes
2 Likes

I mean they had the event set up for Fury vs Usyk, so sure they’d love to have someone take the place of those two.

The rumor is from Declan Taylor but he said it would be against Zhilei Zhang or Joseph Parker. Hopefully they find a way to make it against Wilder or Joshua.

https://twitter.com/DeclanTaylor87?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

2 Likes

Yup…needs to be Wilder AJ or Ruiz

1 Like

https://x.com/BoxingNewsPlus/status/1720161486423634114?s=20

Good for Francis! Make that money.

Francis vs Joshua or Wilder would be fantastic!

Eddie Hearn was really pushing for Francis vs Joshua on Ariel’s show. If I was Francis, I’d be getting in touch with Joshua’s camp.

1 Like

Yeah, Joshua is a better boxer but I don’t think he can take Ngannou’s punch.

1 Like

I kind of wonder if Ngannou gets wiped out in his next fight. No one had any idea what Frances does in the boxing ring. Now they have a data point for tendencies, holes, weaknesses. And no one is going to overlook him now. Joshua probably cant take Ngannous punch but if the fighter who showed up for Usyk 2 shows up, I think he cleaned out boxes Ngannou.

3 Likes

I really like Francis based on his 2 appearances on JRE

Very humble and logical

3 Likes

AJ was able to trade punch to punch with Usyk
Francis would flatline him, different speed, power, instincts
AJ is so robotic i cant see him landing anything on Francis or without paying the price

Two different breeds, AJ hasnt seen or lived that shit, mental midget and Francis did it daily

+Prob doesn’t drink or do drugs, still hungry

1 Like

His voice even sounds humble/sweetheart, Gane acts like dick

1 Like

Zhang would destroy him. I’m not so sure Francis would get past Parker as well.

If he’s going to go for it, might as well fight AJ. Better ROI

3 Likes

True Zhang is no joke

1 Like

Im not even a fan of AJ but thats just wrong. Joshua is an athlete who boxes as opposed to a fighter who boxes but he is not a coward or mental midget. After both his losses, he came back strong in the rematches and dominated Ruiz boxing and arguably beat Usyk boxing. I think he can pick and move and box up Ngannou.

3 Likes

Fair point, but his emotional breakdown were he was speaking after the lost fight, looked like mentally weak person would do “i weight 7stones bla bla…”

1 Like

My thinking as well, why risk a loss to Parker or Zhang when he can get a huge payday with AJ or Wilder. Sounds like it may be AJ as Hearn said hed reach out in hopes of setting up the match for Dec. Even if Francis loses that he can still fight Wilder in MMA (win) then take a boxing match with him plus he can re-match Fury. Lots of money to be made win or lose his next fight but losing to Parker or Zhang hurts his stock vs a loss to Joshua.

Think if Francis first boxing batches are
Fury
Joshua
Wilder
Fury II

I dont think any boxer in history had his first 4 matches against top 5 guys in the world. Closest thing I can compare it to is Brock in MMA and thats still not a great comparison as Brocks werent even close to being that good.

4 Likes

Agreed and I think AJ will be well up for it TBH. I fancy AJ but fuck knows where his mental state is.