Ngannou/Chisora boxing match possibly in the works, according to Eddie Hearn

1 Like

Chisora is 33-13 as a pro. His last fight was a TKO loss to champ Tyson Fury.

Ngannou gonna make some serious Saudi coin if this fight goes ahead.

May as well get paid. He will lose and look very bad in doing so.

4 Likes

Here’s the full context of what Hearn had to say:

2 Likes

Chisora clowns him.

Would be a sweet card if the sandies can/will put up all that money

Francis has 3 rounds or less to finish him before he gasses

Ngannou is going to make more in one fight than his UFC career.

1 Like

Hopefully but that’s on him. He didn’t fight often and turned down 8-10m a fight from them. This will be a one and done.

2 Likes

From March 2021:

Jon Jones isn’t getting back into the Octagon without a hefty payday. Based on Jones’ recent comments, it doesn’t seem like Dana White is anywhere near the pound-for-pound GOAT’s asking price.

Jones sent out a series of tweets Wednesday saying UFC’s $8-10 million offer for his next fight is “way too low”:

BONY@JonnyBones

I had a brief phone meeting with UFC‘s lawyer Hunter a few days ago. As of right now I expressed to him that anywhere around eight to $10 million would be way too low for a fight of this magnitude. That’s all that has been discussed so far.

BONY@JonnyBones

I’ve been working my ass off for years, concussions, surgeries, fighting the Toughest competition UFC had to offer throughout my 20s for right around 2 million per fight. I’m just trying to have my payday, the fight that all of us fighters Believe is one day possible.

Episode 1 Lol GIF by UFC

That $8-10m was for the entire contract, not per fight IIRC.

I hope Chisora, Gerald McClellan’s him

Incorrect. They offered 7 to 8 per plus PPV points.

2 Likes

Just give him some boxer who will shut him up already.

I think it makes sense. That’s a winnable fight and Francis needs one or two wins in boxing to get considered for big name at HW.

If u knew anything about boxing you would know it’s not a winnable fight for Ngannou

3 Likes

He has a punchers chance.

That’s it .

Have u seen his boxing

2 Likes

At least against Joshua, he has a puncher’s chance, which is about 5 percent.

Chisora is durable and has a motor on him. He’s probably the hardest puncher Ngannou will face as well.

2 Likes

Absolute worst possible path Ngannou could take. He’s not winning any of these fights, there’s only gonna be 1 boxing match for him, get the Absolute biggest name possible. If that is Derek Chisora, don’t even waste your time boxing

3 Likes