Ngannou Declines Black Beast rematch June 12

So I guess Dana will be coming out to say he’s scared of Lewis now right?

Winning a belt and then declining a rematch against someone you lost to a few fights back isn’t a good look.

9 Likes

Francis would murder him there via one leg kick

This just gave me a Tim Sylvia/Ray Mercer flashback

OK, then you relinquish the title you fucking coward. The champ should HAVE TO fight whoever is in line or give up the strap. There should be no other options. Boxing? LOL…you haven’t even defended the belt yet to really cement yourself as the champ…and one of the contenders beat you not too long ago because you were clearly SHOOK being in the cage with somebody who could KO you just as easily as you could KO them.

3 Likes

Money, Money, Money

OK, then you relinquish the title you fucking coward. The champ should HAVE TO fight whoever is in line or give up the strap. There should be no other options. Boxing? LOL…you haven’t even defended the belt yet to really cement yourself as the champ…and one of the contenders beat you not too long ago because you were clearly SHOOK being in the cage with somebody who could KO you just as easily as you could KO them.

This is one of the dumbest, worst posts in the history of the UG.

4 Likes

Sounds like Helwani stirring the pot. “Kicking the tires” means “performing minimal research” that is, more than likely they said 'if you’re interested Francis, we may be able to put together a fight for you in June with Derrick, we know it is short notice but if you want it we can hopefully make it work" which has now morphed into “Ngannou Declines Black Beast rematch” “Francis Ducking the Black Beast” as though they instructed Francis to get ready because they booked the Black Beast to fight him on June 12, to which he replied no thanks…

Dana took Show me the money to mean “I want to go fight 20 lbs lower than I ever have because I’m in fear of this man”, so this seems like a fair way to react to Francis here.

It’s all negotiation tactics…it will be Jones/Big NGA and Stipe vs Lewis for #1 contender.

I rather see Stipe vs Blaydes since both coming off loss. Lewis and Francis can fight now if Jones still fucking around, or Jones can fight Lewis if Francis starts fucking around. If Jones and Francis both good to go, let Lewis fight Gane.

Take a deep breath…

I don’t like the idea that it’s okay to turn down fights because somebody just won the belt. He must not be very confident.

Saying he doesn’t want to immediately jump back into a fight camp immediately after fighting isn’t an unreasonable request. His point about “just winning the belt” was about timing, not that he’s being picky about opponents. He won the belt a week ago (which is a big fucking deal) and doesn’t want to kick fight camp off next week. That’s a perfectly reasonable request.

He said after winning the belt that he wanted to fight again in July or August, and was offered a fight in June, and he said June was too soon. Nothing has changed from what he said the night of the fight.

In every interview done since he won the belt (and there have been quite a few) Ngannou states he’d prefer Jones, but it really doesn’t matter who’s next and he wants to fight late summer, ideally August. Then maybe once more this year in December.
In short, he doesn’t want to fight in June.

This isn’t him saying he’s going into boxing or declining a fight with Lewis because he doesn’t want to fight him. It’s just the UFC negotiating with Jones as it’s already been mentioned. They know Francis isn’t ready in June…just leaking info of a potential matchup as leverage against Jon’s camp and the money they’re asking

Current version of mike Tyson beats him, let alone Tyson Fury. Fucking delusional lol. I just won the ufc championship so I should go embarrass myself and mma in boxing. Makes no sense.

2 Likes

Lol I texted a friend this same thing regarding Mike. That PPV would sell more too so he should definitely look more in that direction.

1 Like

“Derrick Lewis has been knocking out contenders left and right and has a win over the champ…Francis is terrified of Derrick and wants the easier Jon Jones fight”

2 Likes

“There are a lot of ways to say you don’t want to fight, like when he just said he don’t want to fight.”

1 Like

If I am reading correctly, Francis has turned down the date, not the opponent. Dude just went thru a camp and fought, and they want him to jump right back into a camp and fight in 8 weeks…at least give him a month off before he jumps back into camp. Probably gets scheduled for July. If they put him on the Conor card vs Lewis that would be a huge number of eyeballs on Francis.