Ngannou: greatest sports story of all time?

Francis’ story will make a great movie one day. In fact I’ll go one step further: if he were to beat Anthony Joshua his story will be the greatest sports story of all time. Discuss.

2 Likes

If you don’t think so name a better one.

This is maybe the greatest overstatement of all time.

You should get out more.

7 Likes

END Thrad /

1 Like

If he wins a heavyweight boxing title, name a better story. Claiming it’s an overstatement with no detail at all doesn’t end a thread lol

1 Like

2 Likes

Let’s look at his story:

• basically walks out of Africa as an adult looking for a better life in Europe
  • is turned away several times trying to raft into Europe.
  • finally gets in after a year and half
  • lives on the streets in Paris
  • comes across a boxing/mma gym and starts training in his 20’s
  • against all odds wins a UFC heavyweight title. Amazing amazing story.

….
  • doesn’t believe he being paid/treated fairly by the ufc and decides to bet on himself AGAIN.
  • the ufc president and most media think he is crazy and bad mouth him.
  • against all odds lands a multi-million dollar purse against the lineal, undefeated heavyweight champion. A guy many consider one of the greatest of all time.
  • congratulations on the payday people say but it’s a joke of a fight, an embarrassment.
  • Ngannou puts on an unreal display in the fight, loses a narrow decision but arguably wins that fight. It’s a rocky balboa moment.
  • now he is fighting the second biggest name in the sport.

This is already, arguably the greatest sports story of all time

4 Likes

Seems like every few years something is the greatest this or that of all time.

Probably a better story will come from someone else at some point.

@crowbar been lurking here and posting in various forms since it was submissionfighting and nhb buddy

What was your old password? & it’s never been NHB.

In the beginning you couldn’t lurk here,you had to sign up.

1 Like

@crowbar

Is this a test to see if I am telling the truth? Tbh, this sort of greeting is the reason I never bothered posting much and why most fighters stopped posting. Make a post about one topic then need to argue with a series of trolls about something else. Great experience, thank you. Do you want to comment about the Ngannou story or just jumped on for that?

Yes,it’s a test to see if you are telling the truth.You have to weed out the champs from the chumps,and by your answer,it appears that you are the chump,because you could not lurk here in the beginning.

For the record…I’d take Cole Escovedo’s story over Ngannou’s.

2 Likes

@crowbar ok cool. I’d happily take that test to get access back to the otherground. Believe it or not I’ve been on here since the very beginning and pretty regularly as well. I was here for updates on rickson v funaki, the Tito-Lee murray incident (which was entertaining), when dana white and joe rogan were

regular posters, tranny vid screenshot hilariousness, sistersteel, Gannon vs kimbo (unreal at the time!).
Actually I see that you have been
here since 2000. I lost my password a few times in the years and had a couple of different accounts.

No,I was here in 1998.Tito vs Murray was far from the beginning.I would expect you to mention the Fighters Notebook or 3 digit passwords.You took almost 15 minutes to respond,did you call somebody to help you answer?

1 Like

Yes I dialled up all my old member friends for inside info. Anyway, thanks for the awesome convo. Lol

1 Like

See,that response only took a minute.

Now get your lying black ass out of here chump.

1 Like

You have been around here for 25years so you must be in your 40s, at least. What a treat you must be in real life @crowbar

1 Like

@Chris see above. I have been here since the early days. For you I am willing to take a test for otherground access. Please!!

Yeah Chris,please help take out the lying piece of trash (see below)

The place needs more content not less…

Dana and Rogan have great story’s,not the angle you are pushing tho… but if Francis gets the heavy weight title,it will be undeniable he.