Ngannou Shutting Up Fury

But Sylvia didn’t even try to take Mercer down right? Didn’t he try and box the Boxing World Champ?

Tim said something like it was originally a boxing match so when commission said they wouldn’t let them fight boxing it had to be switched to mma. Tim said he had to stand with him cause ethically… grappling would be cheating.
If I recall correctly

2 Likes

Boxing fans sure gloated like cheap bitches that could finally cackle and rejoice in misery. They got their ego’s rubbed by Ngannou’s ‘MMA’ love message. They just KNOW that boxers aren’t the best FIGHTERs. So now they can revel in Nganou’s defeat, and shit on MMA

1 Like

Nothing that y’all wouldn’t do if your guy was even competitive lol.

That does sound like it would be Tim’s side of the story, lol.

Story at the time was that they had a “gentleman’s agreement” to box only and not throw kicks. Then Tim opened with a leg kick, which is why Mercer gave him that look right after it before he KO’d him.

main-qimg-c7f554f695fbf11f59c73b7fba5af05d

Tbh, even if it had been an official boxing match, I think Tim is the kind of guy who would have thrown a kick anyways lol.

5 Likes

It is a bad look for MMA for Ngannou to get wrecked like that considering the chin and hands Ngannou showed in MMA, but all these circus fights in the long term arent really a good thing for boxing either imo. Boxing used to be considered the serious respectable well established “real” sport with a high barrier to entry while MMA was the tacky upstart freakshow that was more about spectacle than sport. Now we’ve just had an MMA guy make his boxing debut against the current WBC champion, and every year for years now some of the most high profile boxing matches of the year involve MMA guys, Youtubers, 60 year old retired boxers etc.

Boxing has had “celebrity bouts” way before social media. And of couse, Jake Paul made it quite mainstream. The difference is that Ngannou, a UFC champ, fighting two boxing HW champs sure raised the level though. Big time.

2 Likes

The scale and frequency of it is way out of control now though. When the biggest boxing match of the year (in a commercial/mainstream profile sense) could end up being Jake Paul vs 57 year old Tyson, and the second or third biggest will probably be that AJ/Ngannou fight, the shark has been jumped.

1 Like

3 Likes

Fury be talkin again now

Does Franny ever box again?

After this 20mil pay day, does he ever fight again.
How much will PFL pay him for the Renan Ferreira fight, and how many people will plf pull into the arena.
I’m sure their past attendances are were more than 2000 ppl

2 Likes

3 Likes

I reckon he should stick to gimmick youtube shit like Jake Paul now (but not old dudes).

Ex mma fighters and shit on triller and netflix etc. Would make bank

He has no business fighting top tier boxers. I also dont want to see him taking the head off cans no one heard of.

As far as MMA goes - i will eat crow if he EVER fights MMA again. Especially not that ferreira savage that just killed bader

Really want him in BKFC, where the boxing talent matches his skills as opposed to top level/tier pro boxing

Lol.

PFLs whole bid to compete with the UFC has been a massive fuck up so far.

4 Likes

Did Ngannou just Josh Barnett PFL the way Barnett Barnetted Affliction lol

1 Like

You do realize that there is a world outside the USA right?

3 Likes

Nah… It is a horrible, horrible look for boxing that Ngannou could hang with the best HW of the era in his first ever boxing match.

A 37 yo got wrecked by one of the best in the world in his second ever match? Yeah, of course.

(Agree with the rest of your post)

1 Like

Oh I agree with you but believe me, boxing fans are reveling in this still. According to t hem, this bout showed “MMA fighters have no place in boxing”, as if fighting the elite of the elite was the benchmark to gauge this ha ha. Ngannou faced champions, and McGregor had, for his 1st bout, to face a guy with a 49-0 record. Normal ha ha.

The boxing world fans were really butthurt by Ngannou’s performance against Fury, and by his display of love for MMA in the week leading to that last bout. It stung that they know MMA guys are better FIGHTERS than boxers. So they fall back on the money thing to gloat, and the fact boxing newbies were defeated by top boxers. I had a comment on YouTube swarmed with replies by boxing fans. Like I’ve nt gotten anywhere else. To be that reveling in this, they had to be shook.

As for Ngannou himself, his stock lowered a lot. If he loses in MMA too, he is done. For big purses anyway.

No I did not realise that.

1 Like