Ngannou vs Jones

Chael says it’s a done deal.

Yeah, I said that last week. I think March card

If Jon did a proper bulk there is no way he loses that fight

Jon hasnt fought anything close to Ngannou, few sprawls and good night
Or Jones first eye pokes him and wins the fight

1 Like

Francis didn’t land clean one single time on Ciryl. He’s lost on the feet when it comes to facing someone with actual athleticism

1 Like

I’m not getting excited over this until it’s official.

1 Like

Jones vs Ngannou would have been a lot bigger fight if they were active.

Jones has not fought in forever and a lot of fans don’t even think he won his last fight. A lot of people wanted to see a rematch but instead Jones takes a THREE YEAR vacation from competition.

Ngannou unifies the UFC and int. titles a year ago in one of his least exciting fights and has been dealing with serious injury and contract issues.

Had each fighter had an impressive win in the past six months it would be like twice as big a fight to the casual fans.

Fight has no hype with casuals and the mainstream.

3 Likes

Nah

Jones is going to beat ngonnou! Francis always has the ultimate equalizer but that’s not going to be enough. Francis gasses after his 4-5 big shots! He couldn’t even put Derrick Lewis away!

That was just power strike vs power strike and it cancelled each other out!

Jones has too many options for Franny! Plus Jones is athleticism will catch Francis in the clinch with out being nailed by those bombs or planned for after those bombs.(tiredness)

Francis has no wrestling for Jones! The only way ur going to negate anything that Jones has is with better boxing or all out wrestling. Francis simply doesn’t possess the years of wrestling to do so nor the boxing! On a minimum to even hang with him; you need atleast 7-10 years (to hang) … moreover that still isn’t enough. Cormier is arguably one of the best heavys/light heavy to do it and look what Jones did!

Jones in the straight wrestling, Greco, judo, Thai boxing, and jiu jitsu is to much for one a dimensional fighter! Jones understands the boxing aspect and closing the distance!

To reiterate Jones is athleticism and cardio will be the difference maker!

MR. C

How will Jon’s cardio be at 260 though? And Francis just needs to clip him. If Thiago was hurting him, and Dom rocked him flush, Francis will kill him…But Francis doesn’t have the boxing that those other guys did.

I believe the clinch strength will be even but by technique Jon will get him down.

Once on the ground, Francis will be a lion fighting a shark in the ocean.

Such a 50/50.

Whose ever game plan works, wins.

Jones will without a shadow of a doubt have the best nutrition and cardio guys helping! Jones knows the differences and paces from wrestling,

What I seen with Francis he doesn’t understand that pace and may never know. He is already older now.

Jones didn’t just massacre all the best guys for no reason! Raw talent but is a multi educational student of the game as well.

Francis wants to box and doesn’t even really do so. He thinks that his bomb strategy is the best, when guys rely on it they die by it!

I believe Jones hardest fights at heavyweight would be blaydes and miocic based off of strong wrestlers plus the boxing aspect. Being able to fluently dance and roll the whole fight. With their strength/weight not just dusting Rashad and rampage at lower weights!

What he did to Cormier is insane. No one has ever done that. Think Daniels wrestling and boxing and how he put it together. That was an Olympian too!

MR. C

but he couldn’t do shit against reyes, santos(one leg), somehow he struggles with guys his age

His brothers chandler and Arthur are big guys that play at that weight. With gas tanks. Professional athlete it’s called!

Jones has a huge frame at 6’4. Bulking up healthy at his height will only help him.

He will have Francis on his back or taken his back. Francis isn’t getting out either after being gas. His arms will be flailing and breathing heavy. HELLbows, to key locks or rear-naked. It’s over rover!

And for santos and 205 guys the pace is much faster than heavyweight. Jones will have the explosiveness over ngonnou for takedowns or clinch work. Or his oblique kicks

MR. C

Can he even afford them? He hasn’t fought for three years and has meanwhile been pissing away money on partying, fines, and lawyers. Didn’t Jackson’s kick him out on top of it lol?!

I think his career is all downhill from here but who knows.

I get what ur saying but Jones is a winner in that cage! Determination that guy has! His comebacks are better than Mike Tyson’s and Connor Macgregor. Nothing short; he wins!

Decisively! He had a few good battles but he has always overcame!

I’m just not sold on Francis either!

His best wins are guys that he is better at one trick ponying! Like Roz and Stipé

Plus Cain was half dead, arlovski was dead and glass joe, JDS was 3/4 dead! And Overreem def wasn’t the fighter he once was. Think of how long Overreem fought??? Years and years of fight mileage!

MR. C

1 Like

Winkeljohn suspended him from the gym and Jon just left after that

2 Likes

Franny watching Jones win live:

Lol.
Jones magically gets injured & he must go back down to LHW “for health reasons”.

This will never happen, gimme a break.

1 Like

Jones would have defeated Francis pretty quickly too. Maybe not in just 2 minutes but definitely within 2 rounds

JBJ showed the weak ass HW division there’s levels to this shit

Francis murders Jones

DeSantis when he sees a perfectly good thread for him to ruin

1 Like