Nick Delpopolo clinic Saturday

This Saturday I am excited to be giving a clinic at Wall 2 Wall Martial Arts in Fredericksburg, VA. If you live in the area and are a Judoka, BJJer or grappler I would love for you to attend. Please help me spread the word.

I am helping Nick get the word out per his request.

Good stuff Judoblackbelt!!! Nick (in my humble opinion) is our best shot at a medal on the men's side this quad and is fortunate to have your help! Phone Post 3.0

You know how difficult it is to compete in judo at the highest levels especially the costs involved. I picked his flyer up on my Facebook and shared it.

He was at AM-CAN a couple years ago signing autographs.

I have watched many of his matches over his judo career. What I noticed in the Budapest Grand Prix is he fought more aggressive. Aggressiveness is a balance. He was leading vs Draksic(SLO) in the semi finals but took a behind the back grip (which I never see him do) and got thrown with a sacrifice throw for ippon.

What throw, do you have a link?

Watching it again it appears some type of counter to Nnicks ouchi-gari attempt from a behind the back grip.

type in Youtube: Judo Grand Prix Budapest 2015 day 1

or

https://youtu.be/mk2x5AJ5sm8

match begins at the 4:56:00 mark
throw begins 5:01:53 mark.

Nick was leading 1 shito to 2 shitos with 53 seconds left in the match.

Pick the Commented Channel (upper far left box)

jayflo145 - Good stuff Judoblackbelt!!! Nick (in my humble opinion) is our best shot at a medal on the men's side this quad and is fortunate to have your help! Phone Post 3.0
You think he has a better chance than travis stevens? Phone Post 3.0

judoblackbelt - Watching it again it appears some type of counter to Nnicks ouchi-gari attempt from a behind the back grip.

type in Youtube: Judo Grand Prix Budapest 2015 day 1

or

https://youtu.be/mk2x5AJ5sm8

match begins at the 4:56:00 mark
throw begins 5:01:53 mark.

Nick was leading 1 shito to 2 shitos with 53 seconds left in the match.

Pick the Commented Channel (upper far left box)

Thanks for the link. I am surprised Nick wasn't trying to break that over the back grip. I am seeing that grip at a lot of tournaments lately.