Nick Diaz is Intriguing to Me

I hear people calling him (bad) names all the time and hoping he loses but there's something about him that I love. Maybe it's his candidness and honesty. He's not trying to sell you a fight or anything, for that matter. He opens up his heart, even if only briefly, and reveals his past and present fears and vast emotions. He reminds me of a modern-day Mike Tyson... but without the severe lunacy. I like Condit also but will always root for Nick Diaz. I want to see him overcome his demons someday. Phone Post

ttwo09 Phone Post

BEEP (Based on thread title alone;)  

But for reals, yeah the dude is fascinating

i agree, its even more apparent when its played right before a guy who speaks in the 3rd person and says something along the lines of "making the ref stop me from killing you", I dont believe you carlos.

Noobs finally getting to know Nick. Phone Post

He's the man because he doesn't give a shit about being the man. Phone Post

he'd beat your ass for such a ghey post but yeah

haha. been pimping nick since his last ufc run. glad to see the haters warming up to him.

I like nick too.
Supremely entertaining in a trainwreck kind of way. He is an odd dude.

I am torn though. Condit has been s long time favorite. Very excited. Phone Post

I like Condit too but Nick Diaz needs this MORE, imo. He's had too many setbacks in his life it seems. Phone Post

he is one of the most interesting fighters out there. his work ethic is second to none, and he actively works against being what everybody wants him to be. the guy is a vegan metalhead triathalete stoner! wtf?

one on one he was super chill, fully engaged in our conversation (not looking around like he thinks he's gonna get jumped like he does in interviews) and wanted to talk more about mountain biking than bjj. he is not the guy people think he is. 99% of what they see is the "nick" that he has to work himself up to be in order to get in there and fight. and he isn't stupid, not by a long shot. he is a bit uneducated & very socially awkward, but he is also pretty damn smart. just has a hard time expressing himself and you can tell his mind is going a mile a minute.

great guy and great fighter. wish he got more respect.

Elias Cepeda -  BEEP (Based on thread title alone;)  

^ haha Phone Post

He is good for the sport.

The more the sport homogenizes and gentrifies it means we need a throwback to the days of Gordon Biersch and not giving a fuck about getting Gatorade to go all in.

Nick is that guy.

Is he my favorite fighter?

No.

Is he something we need so badly in the time of Jon Jones posing with Kirstie Alley?

YES.

Because I want fighters who get bleeped.

Not guys who can go on Ellen with Jack Black. Phone Post

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  He is good for the sport.

The more the sport homogenizes and gentrifies it means we need a throwback to the days of Gordon Biersch and not giving a fuck about getting Gatorade to go all in.

Nick is that guy.

Is he my favorite fighter?

No.

Is he something we need so badly in the time of Jon Jones posing with Kirstie Alley?

YES.

Because I want fighters who get bleeped.

Not guys who can go on Ellen with Jack Black. Phone Post

VTFU good post.

I don't think he really has "demons", just some fairly common social anxiety and a chip on his shoulder.

Great fighter though, I get as or more excited for his fights than anyone else's in the history of the sport. You know you're getting action.

orcus -  I don't think he really has "demons", just some fairly common social anxiety and a chip on his shoulder.
>

Only nick really knows, but there is no way for someone on the outside without the proper training to tell.

He definitely has demons, imo. The chip on one's shoulder doesn't come from nowhere. Phone Post