Nick Diaz vs Anderson Silva (Who really won?)

Silva was roided up so take that for what u will

What happens if Nick lies down against Masvidal? Same shit with no engagement?

Anderson won and anyone who disagrees has no ability to judge mma objectively.  

Malvert the Janitor -
Nick Diaz still GOAT -
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

Nick didn't do shit, Anderson didn't do much more. Such a disappointment. All Nick did was walk forward doing that weird thing with his forearm in front of his face.

The clowning was amazing in the moment but it distracted Diaz fans from the fact that Nick was more hesitant to attack than any other fight of his career.

It's like people expected Nick to just wade into a ko,he fights smart and everyone's pissed off. 

Haha! That's what you call that?!? 

Yeah Nick didn't do much here,unlike the beating he gave BJ Penn.

buddie -

Anderson won and anyone who disagrees has no ability to judge mma objectively.  

He also cheated thus the NC

Malvert the Janitor -

Nick didn't do shit, Anderson didn't do much more. Such a disappointment. All Nick did was walk forward doing that weird thing with his forearm in front of his face.

The clowning was amazing in the moment but it distracted Diaz fans from the fact that Nick was more hesitant to attack than any other fight of his career.

Amazing? 

The biggest highlight of the whole lame fight was a scared fighter laying down. Amazing!

Sure the Stockton white trash brigade thought it was some wonderful feat but anyone with a brain simply say two guys unwilling to engage. 

Only thing amazing was the disappointment 

Yeah, the moment when Nick laid down on the canvas is still one of my favorite moments of all time. Like I already said, I agree with you that was basically the highlight of the fight for Nick. Huge disappointment.

And before you start claiming to know what people with a brain would or would not do, maybe you should double check that sentence.

A fight worth forgetting and never contemplating ever again.

inf0 -

Should probably just end the thread here; nothing else needs to be said.

1 Like
https://youtu.be/vOPECSk0oVs

Nick Diaz still GOAT -

It's like people expected Nick to just wade into a ko,he fights smart and everyone's pissed off. 

Much like Condit did against Nick when he tactically outwitted him. Only difference is, Condit is a better fighter than Nick so he could.

The only way Nick could ever hope to beat Silva was to overwhelm him, and he was afraid to engage as there would be a 95% chance he'd have been put to sleep 

https://gfycat.com/ifr/JubilantHeartyCrocodile

https://gfycat.com/ifr/ChubbyWholeLangur

inf0 -

This. 

alkysmurf -

That fight was the biggest let down ever.

After conduit fight I expected a barn burner vs gsp.

After gsp picked him apart I chalked it up to gsp being the best ever and nick having a flat night.

For Anderson really expected the strikeforce nick to come back and atleast put in a good effort, In stead he clowned it off.

And I'll still watch any fight either Diaz brother ever has.

Nick diaz army for life!

I feel like you were taking shots or something as you posted. It started out ok then just feel off like you were drinking. Screen name checks out. 

wiggum -
Precise_Improvement - 

If Nick opened up Anderson would've cleaned his shit and he knew it.

Anderson won the fight. (If you discount the NC, which I do not).

But, while I don’t agree with this statement’s certitude, I do agree that Nick Diaz had no interest in winning that fight. The Condit fight broke him. He didn’t try to win the GSP fight, either. In the third, when he hurt GSP, he didn’t even care.

This isn’t a defense of Diaz at all. It’s a statement that he was mentally broken by Condit (and the judges) and no longer had the heart he once had.

I don’t think the Condit fight broke Nick, I think it WOKE him. I keep seeing his fans saying  he “faught to win”… Yeah, insomuch as he was point fighter and he tried to rely on his perception of how he was doing on points.  The fact that Condit wasn’t going to let Diaz bait him, as per usual, and stand in front of him and fight HIS fight, and then whining about the judges in his last couple of decision losses because HE thought he was ahead on points, I think finally woke him to the fact that the jig was up.