Nick Diaz's loss to Robbie Lawler should have been officially TKO via terror

I was looking this fight up and noticed it got called as a TKO (retirement). Isnt that designation supposed to be fights in which the corner calls off the fight? Thats not what happened.

Joe Son vs Joe Moreira is a fight in which Joe Son took a shot he didnt like and refused to fight further. The bout was ruled a TKO (terror). Isnt that literally what happened during Nick’s last fight? He got dropped and refused to continue fighting. He wasnt out or even rocked, he was just “fuck it, i dont want to keep fighting, ref stop this.” Whats the difference between what he did and what Joe Son did?

1 Like

Wasnt terror, it was tko via “fuck this”

4 Likes

Was definitely a weird and disappointing fight

3 Likes

The epitome of doing something for a check. Got our hopes up for nothing

1 Like

Look’s like one of the Dalton’s from the Lucky Luke, but fatter.

They didn’t pay him enough. Nick’s not that stupid. Same when he threw in the towel for Nate vs Thomson

Reminds me of that one Nick quote where he’s saying something to the effect of: Fuck, you think I like doing this??? You think I like going out there, getting my brain rattled?

IIRC, he said it around the time he fought Daley. That was an epic fight.

1 Like
3 Likes

By looked it up, you mean wikipedia don’t you? When wikipedia says “(retirement)” it doesnt mean “corner retirement”/aka throwing the towel.

It means a smartass on the internet added “retirement” because it was an arsewhooping the likes of which should have/could have ended his career.

1 Like

Robbie put too much forward pressure and beat the shit out of his body. He used Nicks typical fight style against him. Nick quit before he was going to be put to sleep.

1 Like

Yep, they traded punches but Robbie had more power, was rolling with punches and just having fun

Robbie was in the groove and he even had Nick running away. You can tell he wanted to get revenge.