No AC Should Sanction Anderson vs. Roy Jr.

"...Ultimately, it will be the responsibility of any and all athletic commissions to not allow this fight or any like it to happen. Allowing a former boxing champion who is in his mid forties and who has spent the last decade getting pummeled to continue to box is itself embarrassing to the commissions that continue to sanction Jones Jr. To allow him to also take on perhaps the best mixed martial arts fighter in history, while he is still in his apparent prime, in the boxer’s first ever MMA bout would be unconscionable..." My take on the rumored "super fight" here

I gotta agree. I think the one thing they aren't understanding is the difference between Roy's boxing ability and Anderson's Muay Thai. I think he'll end up firing a kick right up the middle like he did with Vitor. Although luckily for Roy, it won't take him a year to recover from that, as it would if he was fighting a guy like Jon Jones who throws that oblique kick. I think someone with no experience with kicks would probably end up getting seriously injured by that.

I think no matter where this fight takes place, if it is an MMA fight, Roy gets the shit kicked out of him, badly. The only guy in that weight region I'd even consider letting him fight is someone like Maia. Who wouldn't really hurt him, just tie him up.

I thought they wanted to box each other, not fight in MMA. Phone Post 3.0

ColefistbumpedmyBuffer - I thought they wanted to box each other, not fight in MMA. Phone Post 3.0

Read the post:) There are developments, my friend

i could see anderson using a lot.of.kicks and then his muay thai clinch and raining knees. Phone Post

Elias Cepeda -
ColefistbumpedmyBuffer - I thought they wanted to box each other, not fight in MMA. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry - didn't click the link. Phone Post 3.0

Buzzkilington. Phone Post

Couture and Tony was sanctioned, this would be too

Skip to 1.44 of that video where Roy calls the guy on to hit him in the corner.

Now go and watch the Bonnar/Andy fighter where Andy did the same...

Telling ya, Anderson is a RJJ wannabe.

Elias Cepeda - 

If Anderson doesn't compete against RJJ in his own sport, Anderson proves nothing. I'd be surprised if Anderson wants to fight him in mma, or at least implement a gentlemens agreement for hands only

Brigham - Couture and Tony was sanctioned, this would be too

As I wrote, that's what I'm afraid of.

ColeFistBumped...no apology needed brosef, just bustin' your chops!

What they shouldn't have sanctioned was Toney vs. Couture. Nothin' wrong with a freakshow every now and then.

Anderson would try to only box, until roy started brutalizing him, then anderson would go Thai clinch and knee his head into the 3 rd row. Phone Post 3.0

This won't get made unless Anderson loses a couple and they decide a freak show fight won't hurt anything. They aren't going to waste fights on Silva's streak on a guy like that. Phone Post

It might be fun to see but its not going to mean much if Anderson wins in the octagon now if he beat Roy in a straight boxing match that would be impressive. Phone Post

Great vid

BigTedBear - 

It might be fun to see but its not going to mean much if Anderson wins in the octagon now if he beat Roy in a straight boxing match that would be impressive. Phone Post

Pretty sure it would mean that one man is a better fighter than the other...