No Bigfoot , Please Dont

2 Likes

Former UFC heavyweight title challenger Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva might not be done competing after all.

The Brazilian had a memorable run in the promotion from 2012 to 2016. Entering the UFC off a successful run in Strikeforce that saw him defeat names such as Fedor Emelianenko, expectations were high. For the most part, Silva lived up to those expectations.
During his four-year stint with the UFC, the former title challenger defeated names such as Alistair Overeem and Travis Browne. Following his win over the ‘Demolition Man’, he earned a title shot against Cain Velasquez at UFC 160. Sadly, he came up short by first-round stoppage, and seemingly never recovered.

Following that title shot, Bigfoot Silva went 1-9-1 inside the cage. Also during that stretch, the Brazilian was knocked out in kickboxing, bare-knuckle, and boxing matches. Over the last few years, there have been calls by many for the former heavyweight contender to retire.
In December, those calls were finally heard, as he announced his retirement. While Silva stated he was done fighting in the cage, he planned to keep competing, albeit, in jiu-jitsu. He’s currently stated to face Bellator veteran Haim Gozali in a grappling match in March at Brave CF.

While Bigfoot Silva stated that he was retiring from MMA, fans hoped that would extend to kickboxing, boxing, and bare-knuckle combat. To his credit, the Brazilian hasn’t competed in those sports since his announcement and isn’t scheduled to at the moment.

Instead, he might be looking to join the Power Slap League instead. The controversial league was started by Dana White last year and currently airs on TBS. Despite loads of backlash and poor ratings, it seems that Silva might be a fan. On Instagram, the former UFC heavyweight contender posed, and stated that no human being could withstand his slap. Given all the controversy with White’s new product, Silva’s post seems to be a nod toward Power Slap.

As of now, there’s no indication the startup league has any interest in signing the Brazilian. However, the team behind the new show is seemingly interested in bringing in UFC veterans. Earlier this week, Eric Spicely, who defeated names such as Thiago Santos during his octagon run, was offered $2,000 to compete on the show.

1 Like

1 Like

2k plus 2k that’s where your at these days Bigfoot?

9 Likes

Big Foot

Small Brain

4 Likes

animated-concussion-2

6 Likes
3 Likes

He’ll have no brain if he keeps at it.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ariel Helwani doesn’t have a problem with Dana White’s efforts to create Power Slap, but he does take issue with the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s choice to sanction it.

The UFC President’s slap fighting promotion was already a major topic of discussion in the MMA world due to the significant promotional push it received, but it became an even hotter subject after footage of White slapping his wife in a nightclub went viral shortly before Power Slap was scheduled to debut.

The premiere ended up being postponed by a week, but there was apparently no discussion of cancelling the endeavor in the wake of White’s actions. Fan reception has so far been mixed at best, and during a fan Q&A on his show The MMA Hour Ariel Helwani challenged the NSAC to explain why the “sport” had any right to be sanctioned in the first place.

“I still maintain by the way, that I don’t think this is a poor reflection on Dana, the UFC, whatever,” Helwani said. “I still maintain the ones who look the worst in all of this are the commissions, and in particular Nevada. The officials, both the ones working for Nevada and the UFC, who are attaching themselves to this. Because to me you’re losing a lot of credibility, if not all of it, if you are saying that this is something that is worthy of your time, that you want to be a part of, anything like that.

“Because again, if the UFC, if Zuffa wasn’t involved, there’s no chance Nevada’s sanctioning it. And I don’t care, you’re gonna sit here and tell me, ‘Oh, it’s because they’re involved we feel better about it, it’s safer.’ Hogwash. You don’t sanction BKFC, you sanction this. Explain yourself, you can’t. Using MMA referees and MMA officials, ridiculous. The whole thing is ridiculous. They don’t look like athletes, they don’t behave like athletes, they don’t get paid like athletes. What are we talking about here?”

“It’s A Human Car Crash”

Helwani’s point about how much the Power Slap competitors get paid is something that was recently revealed by UFC veteran Eric Spicely, and the MMA journalist followed up by asserting that the promotion won’t be around for very long.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Is Helwani ever not crying like a fucking bitch?

8 Likes

That’s 6 months pay in Brazil if he wins.

4 Likes

Great Read @Hong_Kong_Phooey

3 Likes

He probably does other things but we generally don’t see articles written titled “MMA Reporter Changes Shitty Diaper” or “Ariel Helwani Clips Toenails While Reading The Paper”

1 Like

Oh Good , A Happy Customer :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With most his losses being by KO, he really needs to win the coin toss for first slap.

2 Likes

Mans got big hands

I’m shocked Bigfoot wants to be a fucking slapper.

I thought for sure that we would be hearing about Greg Hardy vs Bigfoot in BKFC soon after Hardy’s debut next month.

For fuck sake