No Gi Judo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p-S-GpUlKE

Kind of cool. Too bad I suck at judo and would never be able to do these.

Cool!

TLM378 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p-S-GpUlKE

Kind of cool. Too bad I suck at judo and would never be able to do these.

ttt

ttt

for later

sub'd for home, where the youtube streams like water

/\ That made el oh el

for later

I think they call it Greco-Roman wrestling.

ttt

Roo Badley - I think they call it Greco-Roman wrestling.

No leg tactics in greco

That uke will not last long without learning ukemi.

The Uke is 250lbs and routinely beats me up... So I enjoy watching Shin throw him. I rewind it over and over.

Roo Badley - I think they call it Greco-Roman wrestling.

Cannot be greco roman because osoto gari (major outer reaping throw) uses the leg on leg. Which in greco is illegal.

Lemme axe you a question I've been wondering a long time.

Is it true that you stand up straight in judo because otherwise, with the gi, it's easier to throw your opponent when they're is bending forward?

No gi, the best position seems to be crouched like a wrestler. And, because of the lack of grips and the different posture, judo doesn't work as well no-gi, except for a few throws and leg reaps which are already used in wrestling.

True?

ttt for bad falls and more wrestler vs judo explanations/debates

Ever heard of Steve Mocco? Started in Judo....

TampabayMMA - 
Dynamicsolid - Lemme axe you a question I've been wondering a long time.

Is it true that you stand up straight in judo because otherwise, with the gi, it's easier to throw your opponent when they're is bending forward?

No gi, the best position seems to be crouched like a wrestler. And, because of the lack of grips and the different posture, judo doesn't work as well no-gi, except for a few throws and leg reaps which are already used in wrestling.

True?

You wont get a square answer on this. Judokas are very defensive about wrestling because they know Judo/Jiujitsu was really invented when soldiers in Alexander the Great's army showed greco roman wrestling to some japanese karateka.

I very well could be wrong, but didn't judo/jj develop from Chinese arts like Shuai Jiao?