Noons: Melendez doesnt want to face me

KJ Noons talks fight w/Masvidal, 3rd fight with Diaz and interesting words for Melendez: "He doesnt want to face me". You can download the interview at www.sportstownchicago.com/fightclub

of course gil doesn't want to fight KJ......gil wants to fight the elite at 155

You dont think Noons would a good matchup for Gilbert?

Noons would give Melendez a fight for sure.

steven0925 - You dont think Noons would a good matchup for Gilbert?

Nope.  Gil is top 3-5, Noons might not even be top 20.  Gil would be a huge favorite, -500+ in vegas.  SF doesnt really have anybody that would be deserving of fighting Gil at 155 tho at this point.  Maybe the UFC will lend them a Guida/Pettis/Tyson Griffin for his next fight.

I would like to see this fight, I think it would be a fantastic fight. I think Noons is a little silly to think Gil is ducking him tho.

Would love to see it. KJ is tough as hell and has excellent striking. The fact that a 155lb fighter is the only guy Nick Diaz couldn't finish in years -- in a 5-rounder no less -- says a lot about KJ. Not an easy fight for Gil by any stretch.

lol ya gil fights aoki.. kawaljiri, the punk thomson, ishida... but doesnt want to fight noons?? LOL ok buddy

fna - 
steven0925 - You dont think Noons would a good matchup for Gilbert?

Nope.  Gil is top 3-5, Noons might not even be top 20.  Gil would be a huge favorite, -500+ in vegas.  SF doesnt really have anybody that would be deserving of fighting Gil at 155 tho at this point.  Maybe the UFC will lend them a Guida/Pettis/Tyson Griffin for his next fight.

way to not answer the question.

i cant imagine gil having any problem taking kj down

typical KJ Noons. Phone Post

ranier wolfcastle -  i cant imagine gil having any problem taking kj down

Just like Nick didn't have any problem taking KJ down right?

Oh wait...

gil is a way different fighter than diaz so the comparisons are way off base.

IMO gil takes him down and elbows noons into bolivian within the first round.

TOWE - 
ranier wolfcastle -  i cant imagine gil having any problem taking kj down

Just like Nick didn't have any problem taking KJ down right?

Oh wait...

towe im disappointed. you dont understand the difference between a striker and a wrestler?

Has anyone had any success taking KJ down? I can't recall seeing him spend any significant time on his back in his career.

orcus -  Has anyone had any success taking KJ down? I can't recall seeing him spend any significant time on his back in his career.

This ^

Gil is a great striker, I dont see him risking too many td attempts and catching a knee (KJ is insane fast with his knees, its no secret).  This fight is going to be decided standing up when it happens imo!

Gil is at the top of his game right now and I can honestly say Ive never seen KJ look better as well.  No matter what I see it being one of the most exciting fights of the year.