Notes from the Moosin press conference

Notes from the Moosin press conference

<!--[if gte mso 9]&gt; Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 --><!--[if gte mso 9]&gt; --> <!-- /* Font Definitions / @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} / Style Definitions / p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> <!--[if gte mso 10]&gt; / Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} -->

Moosin held their pre-fight press conference today in Worcester. Nearly all the fighters were on hand to talk about Friday’s show at the DCU Center. Here are some highlights:

-Tim Sylvia on his fight with Mariusz Pudzianowski, “I’ve been asked in several interviews if I could find anybody who is 300 pounds, four percent body fat and gasses out in 45 seconds but I haven’t been able to. All the professional fighters I’ve been fighting with go longer than that. It’s going to be a good fight. Mariusz is big strong and I think he’s a worthy opponent.”

- Pudzianowski, who spoke before Sylvia, said , “I know I’m just a beginner compared to (Sylvia) but think it’s going to be a great fight and hopefully the best man will win.”

-The fight between Eric “Butterbean” Esch and former Bruin Lyndon Byers is off. The commission wouldn’t approve the exhibition bout between the vastly experienced Butterbean and the former Bruins enforcer. They’re going to donate money to the family of Mark Bisnette, a Worcester Police officer killed in a car accident in January.

We’ve had some problems with it. The commission didn’t want to authorize it as a fight fight. We didn’t want to offend anybody and make it not what it was,” said Esch. “The big thing was we raised a lot of money for the state trooper fund for the kids. That’s the most important thing. The charity is getting money and me and LB will present the check to them. It’ll be good.

Realistically I have way too much experience for him, so it was a good move on the commission. I understand it. The main thing is a charity get’s a great great check. We didn’t want to go in their half assed. “

-Roxanne Modafferi, who was wearing a MMA.tv t-shirt, on her fight with Tara LaRosa, “I’m very honored to be here fighting in Massachusetts. I was born in Delaware but I lived in Western Massachusetts for a while. My family still lives in Massachusetts, but I’m living in Japan now actually training there.

“I’m really excited for this fight. I’ve been training very hard, it’s going to be a rematch and this time I’m going to take home the win. It’s going to be a really exciting fight no matter what.”

-Mike Campbell on his fight with Yves Edwards, “I just wanted to thank the Moosin organization for letting me showcase my skills in front of the world and the country. It’s an honor to fight a man like Yves Edwards. The guy is a class act. And I’ve promised myself that you guys are going to see the best Mike Campbell out there. If the best Mike Campbell’s out there than inevitably in my mind I know I’ll win.”

(more…)

thanks. i'm looking forward to the event.

ttt

Really good fight card.

I took some pictures with my blackberry, terrible quality but I'll share...

Tara wasn't at the presser so Roxy squared off with Butterbean

Mark_Daniels -  I took some pictures with my blackberry, terrible quality but I'll share...

Tara wasn't at the presser so Roxy squared off with Butterbean

i dig her shirt.

btw, butterbean is a HUGE man.

Yves Edwards and Mike Campbell. They tried to square off, but Yves couldn't stop laughing

flesheatingbull - btw, butterbean is a HUGE man.

Mass. commission probably saved that hockey player's life.

I wonder how many ppv buys this does? I bet around 75 thousand.

If Timmy goes out there and gets knocked out early again, I'm going to pee my pants laughing so hard.

was Stipe at the presser? 

yo dawg i heard you like chins so.. etc etc.

Is Tim with Miletich or Hughes? Why are they letting him get fat?

Bobby71 - I wonder how many ppv buys this does? I bet around 75 thousand.

35K I will guess

It's a good fight card at a great price.

I hope it gets a lot of ppv buys.

Fuck Sylvia has gone downhill