NSAC needs stiffer penalties

They need to start penalizing fighters more than they are for not making weight. Its happening too often, and just seems like fighters arent taking it seriously.

Travis Lutter not making weight has destroyed the main event of a pay per view event. Only negatives are going to come out of this. The main event they have been heavily promoting is now a non title fight. If lutter wins all its gonna do is diminish the middleweight title.

I've got respect for the guys that step in and fight but this is unexcusable. These guys are professionals and they get paid money to come in at a certain weight. Its a job and he did not meet the standard, and was not prepared

Lame bro. I actually was ballshouse01 back in 2001(way before mma.tv days), deployed to iraq and forgot my password, but whatever you say. The fact all you can do is call me a tuf noob really doesnt change the fact i'm right. he didnt make weight in a championship fight when he gets paid for it and screwed up the event. Real witty comeback though

It should be half your pay if you fail to make weight when fighting for a title.

I agree with CarMax.

Its happened what a couple of times in how many years. Please it is not like it is happening all the time.

You guys dont think the organization is going to punish him? Its not NSAC's job to force a fighter to make weight. That is up to the fighter's discipline and professionalism. I can assure you Dana is going to make Lutter suffer in some way, especially should he get whipped badly. Lutter can still salvage his tenuous situation by winning the fight and making a "legit" shot at the title. But if he loses, and especially if he loses a very one sided or boring fight, Dana might flush his contract.

A free market does not need excessive government regulation, the market can regulate itself. I think Dana will regulate this problem handily.

Lutter not only lost money from his pay to the UFC, but he also had to drop a chunk to Silva, and another chunk to NSAC. Believe me, he's paying.

ttt

"Lutter not only lost money from his pay to the UFC, but he also had to drop a chunk to Silva, and another chunk to NSAC. Believe me, he's paying."

This is correct--5% of his purse to Silva, and 5% of his purse to NSAC.  My question--Why does any of the penalty go to NSAC?