Octagon the Book

"Shame on you for being the lucky winner just to sell it "

Shame on you for your lack of reading comprehension.

(Regarding selling it on Ebay) "that is a good question, to which I don't currently have an answer. My wife supports me keeping it. In fact she teaches high school English and her kids want her to bring it in for "story time"
"

I know how to read Kurle and I know how to write. You stated "that is a good question, to which I don't currently have an answer." Your answer should have been "hell no."

Thanks for sharing the pics by the way

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

to which you responded..."just to sell it".

Which clearly isn't the case...it is an option sure, particularly when it comes time to pay tax on it.

No problem with sharing the pictures, they truly don't do the book justice. I will post more as time allows.

A commercial edition is going to be released either by the end of this year or early next year and it will be somewhere in the $30 to $50 range.

No worries Kurle I'm just busting balls, wish I had one... I'd say what taxes but I see you're an auditor LMAO. Anyway congrats and thanks again for sharing

Not a problem here either. That is an old job, and should be updated...not that kind of auditor either.

Zuffa will report it, I am going to have to pay one way or the other.

"JLau in there?, cuz thats a deal breaker. Esp if it is just his silloutte with the ears. "

I suspect that is why they had to make it so big.

I don't recall off the top of my head if he is in.

Damn man, nice score. Thanks a lot for sharing !!

You are a lucky man Kurle!! Don't ever let that go. Let your great grankids sell it for their college education! :)

LOL @ Moran. Are you seriously going to pay taxes on that book?!

Basically by the collective wisdom of the UG I am a moran regardless of whether or not I sell...seems about right. It will have to be reported as income.

ttt

Thanks for the pics, it looks like a very cool book. I'm glad to hear it's being released in a more affordable format...

saucylv33- That is great news. I will definately be getting one.

Kurle- As a father with three kids and a ton of bills, I would understand it if you sold it...Heck I would.

Am I the only "moran" that wouldnt even concider selling it?

How much would taxes be for keeping it? You'd also pay taxes on the money you earned from selling it, no?

I can understand if you've got to sell it but keep it if you can IMO... it's certainly an investment (if it's not being dragged around to show-n-tells lol)

even if the book was valued at $1000 the taxes would be $200+ at a
minimum and upwards of $400+ at the maximum. it'd be added on at
the top of your AGI and be taxed at your highest possible rate i'm
guessing (if its counted as true ordinary income).

so the question is - is it worth $400+ to keep it or better to take even
$800 in cash for it?

>>>A commercial edition is going to be released either by the end of this year or early next year and it will be somewhere in the $30 to $50 range. <<<

This is great news...I'll surely be getting one.  :)