Off balance when punching - doesnt matter

good point but you should go back to bitching about kettle bell training

Every Cody garbrant fight from memory.

2 Likes

Lol. I’ll do that on the other thread. But that was actually funny

Fedor actually used hard looping rights to ALSO set up a judo throw or clinch. So even if it’s blocked, he still had a good offense. And when he was off balance he quickly turned around. Anyway, not a good idea generally obviously, but OP is not at all as dumb as some of you make it sound. This ain’t boxing, it’s MMA.

2 Likes

I mean I guess it depends. To me if you’re dropping your hands, you’re telegraphing whatever shot you’re about to throw. It also tells me that you’re probably not using proper technique and as you said potentially “punching too hard”, depending on your body and head position. Basically you’re focusing on hitting as hard as possible even if that means risking your balance and/or chin, which is a terrible thing to do.

True he did. The difference is he had the speed to get away with it.

2 Likes

Picturing Gaethje rocking himself

1 Like

I remember Gaethje falling over after missing a punch and laughing.

2 Likes

Nobody ever claimed that EVERY time someone is off balance or uses poor technique, that they get made to pay immediately with a counter. It’s simply an opening. It’s something that the elite of the elite will always exploit to eventually capitalize on, great fighters will sometimes exploit, good fighters will occasionally exploit, and lesser fighters often will not because they are incapable of it……hence the designation of being a lesser fighter.

To say it “doesn’t matter” as a sweeping generalization doesn’t work. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not.

1 Like

/Thread

None of these people were off balance with the exception of Tony.